PDA

View Full Version : Your last week on earth...

Shaman
05-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Suppose it is certain that you had one week to live, how would you spend that one week?

Oski
05-06-2005, 12:21 PM
I would post non-stop in the OOT forum in an attempt to have more posts than TSC. Then I can die knowing I accomplished something.

swolfe
05-06-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suppose it is certain that you had one week to live, how would you spend that one week?

[/ QUOTE ]

on the run from the law

IndieMatty
05-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Heroin would probably be included somewhere.

stankybank
05-06-2005, 12:50 PM
One thing I'd do is skydive.

tbach24
05-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Get laid, over and over and over again by multiple chicks at the same time. They would do it too, because the world would be ending and they would want to get laid. Trust me, I know.

beerbandit
05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
two chicks at once

[/ QUOTE ]

augie00
05-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I would travel with my family and my friends. And yeah, possibly heroin.

RunDownHouse
05-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Possibly heroin? Definitely heroin. The only things stopping me from trying it are reasons (very good ones) such as addiction, ruining my life, expenses, having a hole in my elbow about the size of a grapefruit, etc. All of these risks are rendered null if I'm dead in 7 days anyways.

So I'd probably try drugs, I'd work up a ton of CC debt travelling and buying toys, and - as sappy as it sounds - I'd probably really think about how my relationships with people have been and make an attempt at righting anything I thought needed righting.

MoreWineII
05-06-2005, 01:06 PM
/flogpenis

spamuell
05-06-2005, 01:17 PM
I'd apply to the Make-A-Dream-Come-True Foundation to see if I could get Gumbel to Gumbel back on TV.

Pocket Trips
05-06-2005, 01:19 PM
knee deep in hookers

DeezNuts
05-06-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heroin would probably be included somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

First spend time with the family before leaving to some remote area and find some crazy stuff that Native Americans smoke. Go to Asia and get opium and all their stuff. Absinthe, etc, etc. Basically try to explore previously unexplored parts of my brain.

The addiction and trouble obtaining this(amongst a host of other things) stops me from doing any of this now.

They should allow terminally ill patients to do this as well. I've heard(don't quote me) that heroin is really therapeutic for people that have painful terminal illnesses.

DN

FishNChips
05-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Heroin?

Let me get this straight, nearly 50% of the early posters on this thread have said "I've got a week to live, I'd like to spend it drugged out."

WTF????

For me, I would sleep as little as possible (1 hour a day should do it). Family Family Family. I guess I'm just a puss compared to the rest of the OOTiots.

FishNChips

CardSharpCook
05-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I'd go find that girl who never escaped my mind....

offTopic
05-06-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would completely exhaust my savings arranging a killer vacation/party for family and some close friends, plus making arrangements for a small memorial service, so as not to have anyone else foot the expense.

Then, on the eighth day, when I wake up not dead, I'd hit up everyone for money.

chaas4747
05-06-2005, 03:23 PM
With my GF. Possibly a trip to Egypt, or Vietnam. I think I would tell my niece all about the funny things her mom did when we were little.

Blarg
05-06-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on the run from the law

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good answer.

pokerjo22
05-06-2005, 03:28 PM
My first response was family, but after about an hour of crying and saying goodbyes and all that I think it would be a bit dull. My Mom would make everyone a cup of tea, then we'd all have to sit round waiting for me to die and I'm sure someone would switch the T.V. on at some point. So I think I'd rather have a five day ecstasy fuelled party with friends, give myself a day to recover, and then spend the final day with my family.

Heroin would suck. I want to experience my last five days of life, not spend it in some monged out state in bed.

2planka
05-06-2005, 03:35 PM
One hell of a party.

Blarg
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
If I had kids, spend all my time with them. That would be more than enough. Somewhere nice, and away from the world. Like in a nature preserve or park or something.

Since I don't, hmm. The heroin idea isn't a bad one. But I don't think I'd need to do it more than once, since I'd like to spend most of the week fairly clear.

I know I'd have to spend some time bodysurfing. I love the beach.

And I'd have to spend some time in my favorite spots in nature. Probably in the bamboo forest in Hawaii, on Oahu, and in the woods around the Pali Lookout. The latter, I wouldn't mind dying in actually. It's as beautiful a spot as you can find on earth, with the freshest air in the world. If I were to pick the perfect spot to either live or die in, that might be it.

I think I'd skydive at least once, and probably fly a plane again.

I'd have to sleep on an onpopulated beach, somewhere far from natural light, so I could breathe the fresh salt air and watch the stars for hours in brilliant clarity, and see all the falling stars, like I used to do in Hawaii as a kid.

I'd eat my way through a really good Chinatown. Dying would probably be very fattening.

bwana devil
05-06-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly a trip to Egypt, or Vietnam.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you'd want to spend one day of the rest of your life in an airport and on a plane?

count me out. international travel takes time.

chaas4747
05-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Got a point there, charter a plane with just the people I want to be with might be cool.

Blarg
05-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Got a point there. That's why I didn't choose international travel either. I'd spend half the time traveling and half the time feeling hung over from jet lag, never really feeling comfortable.

mackthefork
05-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I'd reread the Paul Phillips thread on walking over a rickety rope bridge over a chasm full of broken glass, and see if I could use it to make some ++EV time saving ideas.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mack

Blarg
05-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Also, I'd reread my memos and check to be sure I had finished up all my TPS reports.