PDA

View Full Version : Don't chop off your finger into a custard container...

MoreWineII
05-06-2005, 12:05 PM
..and then give it to this a-hole.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/06/finger.fight.ap/index.html

Aytumious
05-06-2005, 12:13 PM
How the hell do you let the guy leave the store with your finger? How does that scene unfold without the injured person completely flipping out and demanding the digit at mop point?

BreakfastBurrito
05-06-2005, 12:16 PM
The accident occurred 30 minutes prior so he was probably already on his way to the hospital.

Aytumious
05-06-2005, 12:19 PM
That's true. But the owner apparently tried to get it from the customer, so she could have used the mop on him.

MoreWineII
05-06-2005, 12:24 PM
I just can't figure out how the company allowed the custard in question out of the vicinity...because finger in custard = LAWSUIT.

Seems like they'd have done a major-league lockdown.

Aytumious
05-06-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't figure out how the company allowed the custard in question out of the vicinity...because finger in custard = LAWSUIT.

Seems like they'd have done a major-league lockdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially considering they apparently had someone else lose a digit in the same damn machine within the past 2 years!

Whenever I read a story like this I try to imagine how the whole scene unfolded, and this one, like so many others, is mind-bogglingly ridiculous.

YourFoxyGrandma
05-06-2005, 12:33 PM
What is with people chopping off their fingers all of a sudden? Isn't this the 3rd time this week?

Sephus
05-06-2005, 01:53 PM
that sumbitch should have his fingertip cut off.

Sporky
05-06-2005, 02:01 PM
i don't think i understand how you lose a finger...and they don't stop the machine and fish it out, as well as dump what was in there. he reaches into the machine, loses his finger and people go "oh well, keep cranking it! we have customers waiting!" i don't follow.

jnalpak
05-06-2005, 02:22 PM
If you are an employee of an Ice Cream shop and you are making Ice Cream (pouring mix into the mixer) and when your hand comes out of the mixer with a missing digit aren't there a few thoughts that go through your head IMMEDIATLY???
1) OMG my [CENSORED] finger is gone
2) STOP the machine or have someone else stop it so you can have the finger back and get it reattached
3) there is blood everywhere maybe I should stop selling the ice cream.

swolfe
05-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Give it back!

No, it's mine.

It is so totally NOT yours. It's my finger!

Possession is nine tenths of the law.

We're not talking about a garden rake or a lost pen, this is a body part. I need to have it reattached to my BODY.

So? I've become kinda attached to it myself.

That is so sick. You are such a bastard. I'd give you the finger but you already HAVE IT.

I'm going to make it into a keychain so my keys are always at my fingertips.

That's my fingertip!

Shut up or I'l commit a crime and leave your prints behind.

Oh do me a favor and poke yourself in the eye with it.

Hermlord
05-06-2005, 02:47 PM
I have no idea how the finger got so far from its original owner; maybe there's a good explanation and maybe there's not. So I have no comment.

But once that happened and the guy refused to give it back, I would either a) beat the [censored] out of him and take it back, if I was able to get to him, or b) go to his house later, restrain him and cut off the corresponding finger.

Yeah, it sucks finding a finger in your custard. But "mental distress" is not equivalent to the physical distress of LOSING A FINGER. Honestly, what's [censored] wrong with people? "Oh, that poor kid lost his finger, they can probably put it back, but -- wait a sec -- I could totally sue! And the (probable) videotape, and the witnesses and medical report aren't enough evidence, and the kid can't be tested for blood-born diseases after the fact, so I just better keep this finger even though the trauma physician is begging for it."

Matter of fact, I'm kinda tempted to go cut off his finger myself. Sometimes an eye for an eye isn't such a bad policy.

CORed
05-06-2005, 04:27 PM
The guy that lost the finger should sue the clown that wouldn't give it back. The guy that lost the finger should get a lot more damages thant the guy that had it in his frozen custard. Losing a finger is a lot worse than being grossed out.

the whole incident is strange. Once the worker cut off his finger, why would you sell any frozen custard out of that batch? Woouldn't any rational person shut down the machine and start looking for that finger?