PDA

View Full Version : roll investment

magithighs
05-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Just a quick question about how you to invest your bankroll. I have two bankrolls to work from -- my short term bankroll (300BB) and my long term bank roll (1 yr's salary).

I really don't want any large swings in my long term bankroll, but I hate getting a 2-3% return on that money on CD type investments.

Do any of you invest this in relatively secure dividend yielding stocks like bank stocks or financial services funds?

Is a 2-3% CD type (canada we have GICs) investment the way to go, to ensure you get something with no headaches?

Do you take higher risks and would that detract from your game? ie. a .5 swing in CISCO makes you think differently.

I have a normal stock portfolio, but really want to keep a 1 year salary as my overall bankroll to play.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Magi

meow_meow
05-06-2005, 11:26 AM
I keep the off-site portion of my roll 75% in equities (relatively conservative equities for the most part) and 25% in cash. That said, I work on the assumption that it is very unlikely that I will ever need this portion of my bankroll for poker purposes. I really see it more as my "building a downpayment for a house" fund.