PDA

View Full Version : pot-sized mistake?

piggity
05-06-2005, 10:32 AM
15/30 B&M.

I raise with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif from the CO, unknown BB calls.
Flop is Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks, I bet, BB calls.
Turn is K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB checks, I bet, BB calls.
River is K/images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks, I bet, BB raises...

I out-play myself in my head and fold. Please beat up on me for folding. Thanks.

rigoletto
05-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Well, when you outplay yourself, at least you can say that you where not outplayed by a worse player.

Bartholow
05-06-2005, 10:47 AM
I don't think it's even a bad fold. River checkraise bluffs are pretty damn rare, expecially in live play. Of course, there's a chance he thinks he's betting for value but has a worse hand, but hard to see that with this betting pattern.

Jeffage
05-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Folding to the river raise is fine unless this person seems notoriously tricky to you. If he's unknown, I still fold. No one's gonna checkraise a queen on the end. He either hit trips on the end, turned a flush, flopped a set, etc. You're beaten.

Jeff

piggity
05-06-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding to the river raise is fine unless this person seems notoriously tricky to you. If he's unknown, I still fold. No one's gonna checkraise a queen on the end. He either hit trips on the end, turned a flush, flopped a set, etc. You're beaten.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's pretty much what was racing through my head. I discovered later (after playing w/ him for a few more hours) that he was indeed the type of player who would routinely checkraise bluff the turn/river, but I suppose given the information I had maybe the laydown wasn't so horrible..

piggity
05-06-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, when you outplay yourself, at least you can say that you where not outplayed by a worse player.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think I was being too generous w/ myself. Turns out I most likely *did* get out-played by this guy.

But not having known his bluffing tendencies at the time, is this still a bad laydown?

rigoletto
05-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm sure Jeff is correct. Particularly for B&M. My stupid comment wasn't aimed at the hand.