PDA

View Full Version : TT turns top set, river brings trouble. Excess action?

bunky9590
05-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey gang, upon the advice of several friends, I started mixing in some more 15-30 play.

Villain in the hand is loose, aggro PF, but has somewhat of a clue postflop, he's not that great though.
For you stats guys he's 66/30/2.5 So borderline maniac.

Bunky has T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in EP, and I open raise, villain is on the button and three bets. Folded back to me, and I contemplate capping but decide to call.

Flop 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, villain bets, I checkraise, villain calls.

Turn T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, villain raises, I three bet, villain caps, I call.

River A /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, villain raises (he can't have a flush based on the previous street action right?) so I three bet, he caps, and I make the call after I taste my dinner again. Excessive action? Or is this right against this player.

Thanks in advance.

rigoletto
05-06-2005, 10:35 AM
A lot of LAG's go nuts with a good draw on the turn, so yes he can have the flush. J9 is a distinct possibility too. I would just call the river raise.

bunky9590
05-06-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of LAG's go nuts with a good draw on the turn, so yes he can have the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just haven't seen the cap the turn draw nuts stuff, flop sure, but turn? I gotta get the flow of this game. J9 i consideredbriefly but I'm not sure he three bets me with it, but its possible, though. You cap the turn Rig?

rigoletto
05-06-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You cap the turn Rig?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless there is a big power outage or a tornado hits my house I do - shcratch the tornado, I can find shelter after the hand!

I think your best information in this hand is his river raise. Even maniacs cool down on the river when you show agression all the way and if he is somewhat decent postflop as you say then you have to respect a river raise when there are so many hands that can beat you.

philnewall
05-06-2005, 11:27 AM
With this guy's preflop stats a cap is a must. i'd probably play the river the same way.

bunky9590
05-06-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless there is a big power outage or a tornado hits my house I do - shcratch the tornado, I can find shelter after the hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least I got the preflop, flop, and turn correct then /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, I agree on the river though. I didn't put him on a flush with the turn action, I put him on a made hand worse than mine, For what its worth I considered J9, but dismissed it pretty quickly, that was a floating type hand for him and not a three bet isolation of an EP tight raiser.

Though I agree I got caught up in the moment and spewed another 60 bucks on the river. Thanks for your time, I'll post results after a few more responses if I get them. I think I trusted my read too much and got burned by it.

steveyz
05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
I think you have to cap this pre-flop. Postflop is fine. Calling the river raise is ok if he's not very aggressive on the river. However, with those numbers I can see him playing 88/77/22 this way as well.

bunky9590
05-06-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to cap this pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i tend to agree with you Steve. It was close for me at the time, My read on him should have pushed it to a cap thought, part of me wanted to see a safe flop before I went berzerko on this cat.

[ QUOTE ]
Postflop is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the flop, I really liked my turn play, the river was pretty much the main question I had, sometimes in my effort not to miss bets, I tend to spray a bit much. I thought it looked right at the time.

[ QUOTE ]
However, with those numbers I can see him playing 88/77/22 this way as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously thought I was still ahead until he capped. but i was a $600.00 pot and Im not making a monster laydown against a lag there.

mach3
05-06-2005, 01:55 PM
I like everything but the river. Preflop - fine, flop - great, turn great, river - lead and call one raise. Looks like you're beat to me. Maybe even check/call.

bunky9590
05-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Villain flips AA. Didn't see that one coming. Even super Lags get hands now and then.

Thanks gang.

BarronVangorToth
05-07-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm guessing given your image along with how you played this hand, you would've done probably about the same thing if you had 10's, jacks, queens, kings, or aces. Against those on the turn, he beats three, loses to one, and ties one.

He very well could've thought you were just (correctly) betting your overpair.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)