PDA

View Full Version : This guy is the dumbest robber...ever

Zoltri
05-06-2005, 10:03 AM
BALTIMORE - A suspect takes a car at gunpoint and drives it around for two weeks before the owner spots the car and has it towed. The thief then calls police to report "his" car stolen.

Those events seemed so improbable that Baltimore police detective Gregory Jenkins felt compelled to end his report of the incident with the admonition, "Again, this really happened."

"Another detective told me, 'Greg, you had to make this up,'" the detective told The (Baltimore) Sun.

Police charged Gregory Alston, 20, Tuesday with armed robbery, possession of a stolen car and a handgun violation.

Police say the carjacking occurred about 10:30 p.m. on April 20 when two women reported that a man armed with a silver handgun and wearing a black bandanna approached them while they were parked on a street in northeast Baltimore. The women said the gunman ordered them out of their car and sped off.

Tuesday, one of the women spotted the stolen car in front of an apartment building about a half-mile from where it had been taken.

She called police who towed it to the department's Northeast District station.

Two hours later, a man called police and reported the car stolen.

Officers brought the man back to the station for questioning. At first, police said, he insisted he had bought the car for $1,700 on March 11. Eventually, he confessed to the robbery.

Why did he report it stolen?

The suspect told police he had left his wallet in the car.

___

Information from: The Sun, http://www.baltsun.com

34TheTruth34
05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I vaguely remember a story from last year where a guy was picked up on suspicion of robbing a bank. They searched him and in his pockets found a to do list with "rob bank" listed as one of the items.

willie
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I vaguely remember a story from last year where a guy was picked up on suspicion of robbing a bank. They searched him and in his pockets found a to do list with "rob bank" listed as one of the items.

[/ QUOTE ]

extremely homer simpson esque.