PDA

View Full Version : is my hand good?

ToGreyStreet
05-06-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm not sure when to think my hand isn't good, if at all, comments on anything is welcome, I'm not sure if if I played this right or if it's totally donk.

MP2 is a fairly good player, but overly aggressive
SB is a complete maniac

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

hmmm?

handsome
05-06-2005, 02:50 AM
The question shouldn't be whether or not it's good in this particular instance, but whether or not this line will be profitable in the long run. And no, I don't think this is profitable in the long run.

chadplusplus
05-06-2005, 02:51 AM
I'd say you're usually good against the maniac... if he is truely a complete maniac.

But the other guy in the hand makes me nervous. Is he just calling down with A10 worrying that the maniac hit his trip eights? I wouldn't put him on an 8 though, because if he is overly-aggressive, without a doubt, he'd be raising, especially on the river. Likewise, he'd raise the river if he hit his flush.

So that's tough... an overly aggressive player just calling down... hmm... In summary, I'd say he paired up the 10 and was just calling down and I doubt the maniac has the eight, so your hand is probably good.

I'm interested in what some of the grandpubas have to say about this.

scotty34
05-06-2005, 03:31 AM
Why exactly did you raise the flop here? You have a gutshot, two overcards on a paired board and SB betting into a PF raiser. Personally I would have folded the flop.

On the turn, you are getting 9:1 again with only a gutshot and two overs. You could be dominated by MP2 even if you hit your overs, and if you card comes in as a heart, it completes a possible flush. SB had 3-bet the flop so again, your overs may not be good because he may be holding the 8. You could very well be drawing dead. Provided you called the flop, fold the turn.

You made top pair on the river, but there is now a 3-flush on the board and player to act behind you. The pot is moderately large now. The decision here is pretty tough, but I'm leaning towards a call. You should not have made it this far in the first place though.

SoftcoreRevolt
05-06-2005, 03:33 AM
The flop play is total donk.