PDA

View Full Version : theredpill5

Sponger15SB
05-06-2005, 02:04 AM
C'mon play me HU tonight, I'm bored

I'll play you either $25 or $50nl on party.

Respond to this thread or PM me

PoBoy321
05-06-2005, 02:09 AM
If he accepts, you have to let us know what the table is. I think that every SSNL poster will watch.

kyro
05-06-2005, 02:10 AM
don't forget SNGers too. he's been a thorn in our side as well.

PoBoy321
05-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Apparently, (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2327204&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2327518) he's snuck into Mid-High too.

DavidC
05-06-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I already tried this. Find your own fish! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I told him I was looking for a different experience. He told me that he would prefer to nutpeddle at a full ring. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theredpill5
05-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Cash game ? I didn't know we could play heads up cash game on Party. hmmmmm.....serious ? I seriously need to work on improving my game. Ok, its a deal. Need to know where to go on party, though.

theredpill5
05-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Sorry David.

theredpill5
05-06-2005, 02:38 AM
??? I'm willing to play if you are.

DavidC
05-06-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry David.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey dude,

no prob.

Just keep in mind that you seem to do a bunch of posting but not a whole lot of listening.

(I do a lot of posting and a lot of arguing myself).

That being said, you need to know that when we talk about sample size requirements being in the 20k-30k region, we're dead serious, and basing this number on statistical data like margins of error, etc.

I'm not sure of the exact nature of the calcs, but I'm sure if you posted and just said, "Hey guys, could someoen give me a link about why I need a huge sample size for accurate winrates?" you'd get lots of replies, and they'd point you to the right place.

If you're interested in playing HU with me, that's fine, but otherwise, at least listen to the stuff on sample sizes.

Also, make sure when you sit at a $200 table, you buy in for $200. No sense getting good cards if you can't put any money behind them.

--Dave.

All of us do need to work on our game. It's kinda funny that you used the sentence "I actually have to work on my game"... it's basically taken as a given that everyone does.

--Dave.

DavidC
05-06-2005, 02:44 AM
And in all seriousness, I am looking for a new experience with the HU play...

Just want it to be fairly matched and I'm new to NLHE. I played a little when my 6-max table (my first 6-max session) died down to 2 players, but that's it. Maybe 50 hands or something, plus like 5 HU NLHE SNGs at paradise.

--Dave.

theredpill5
05-06-2005, 02:51 AM
It looks like Sponger wasn't serious , anyway. As the reason why I agreed, it was more the fact that sponger has about 6000 posts here and supposedly is a good NL player.

Jazza
05-06-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, are you guys playing right now?

i want to watch, plz plz plz plz

theredpill5
05-06-2005, 02:56 AM
No, we aren't playing, yet. I don't know where Sponger is. He made the post and then left. I'll post details if he gets back with me.

DavidC
05-06-2005, 04:16 AM
TRP just beat me HU (0.25/0.5) NLHE (50xbb stacks) for $75 (excluding 9.50 in rake...).

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'll have to take a peek at some of these hands to see if I did okay.

snappo
05-06-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TRP just beat me HU (0.25/0.5) NLHE (50xbb stacks) for $75 (excluding 9.50 in rake...).

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'll have to take a peek at some of these hands to see if I did okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post hands. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theredpill5
05-06-2005, 04:29 AM
I got some very lucky breaks. I must have hit about 3 full houses on you. I hit a jack high flush which you correctly folded on the river to me. I was hoping you had an ace and couldn't fold top pair.

I hit about 3 sets on you. Not sure there was much you could do and that is the nature of heads up.

Good game.

DavidC
05-06-2005, 04:29 AM
Will do.

I'm going through the session myself to see how I think I played it, then I'm going to (with his permission) take a peek at how he played it and take that into consideration.

I'll post some hands. He wallopped me pretty good in a few of them.

We only played 97 hands, but I still didn't really feel in control. He WAS getting some pretty badass hands though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Dave.

DavidC
05-06-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got some very lucky breaks. I must have hit about 3 full houses on you. I hit a jack high flush which you correctly folded on the river to me. I was hoping you had an ace and couldn't fold top pair.

I hit about 3 sets on you. Not sure there was much you could do and that is the nature of heads up.

Good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definintely good game.

All I have to say about this guy is that "in person" he's alright. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Edit: And he flops like a son-of-a-bitch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theredpill5
05-06-2005, 04:33 AM
I caught you on a bluff that one time when I had 44. I called your all-in on the flop. I think that is my favorite play on you but you got me on the river with a queen (A Q) .

DavidC
05-06-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I caught you on a bluff that one time when I had 44. I called your all-in on the flop. I think that is my favorite play on you but you got me on the river with a queen (A Q) .

[/ QUOTE ]

You did catch me, but if you didn't catch me every now and then, you'd have no reason to pay me when I did have something. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Between my ace, my queen, and my backdoor flush I had a whole ton of outs. In fact, if the board double-paired to counterfeit you, you'd lose to my ace... That being said, you were still way way ahead when the cash went in.

--Dave.

MarkL444
05-06-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
??? I'm willing to play if you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill play you.