PDA

View Full Version : Simple preflop question

Redd
05-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Sorry if this is an easy one.

Pacific $0.25/$0.50 (10 handed)

Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG.
Hero limps, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="red">MP2 who pfrs too much pfrs</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="red">CO who doesn't pfr too much 3-bets</font>, folded to Hero who...

cold_cash
05-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Muck city.

Redd
05-06-2005, 02:04 AM
Muchas gracias. I've always wondered if I've been leaving money on the table when folding with situations like this.

chadplusplus
05-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Yup, fold... you're likely dominated and your chances of hitting the flush are, um, 1/24? and the straight is even rarer.

Hell, UTG, I wouldn't even limp with this.

cold_cash
05-06-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup, fold... you're likely dominated and your chances of hitting the flush are, um, 1/24? and the straight is even rarer.

Hell, UTG, I wouldn't even limp with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The initial limp is usually fine, (unless you're at a really sucky table I would be limping Q9s, J9s, and T9s here as well, and probably a few others).

Calling the 3-bet and (probable) subsequent cap would not be.

Shillx
05-06-2005, 02:46 AM
Best case...you are getting 16:2 or 8:1 on this call. I'll admit that this is real close. The 2 things that concern me are --

a) It might get capped
b) UTG+2 or MP1 might fold out

If it were to never get capped and everyone would always call, this would be a clear call. You could make money on this hand if you folded everytime that you didn't flop a flush draw. If it gets capped and everyone calls, you are looking at 21:3 or 7:1. I really don't think calling here is all that bad. Someone would have to make a damn good argument to tell me that calling is totally wrong.

Brad

cold_cash
05-06-2005, 02:57 AM
If we knew it would be 6 handed for 3 bets I agree.

I just don't want it to be 4 handed for 4 bets with me acting first.

(I think is pretty much what you already said, but I'm hyper for some reason.)

I would also be more inclined to call with what would actually be a "worse" hand, but that's really neither here nor there for this thread.

scotty34
05-06-2005, 03:34 AM
If you were in the BB instead of limping, and it was 3 bet by the time it got around to you, I'm betting you would not even think twice about folding.