PDA

View Full Version : basketball veteran appreciation thread

JaBlue
05-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Gotta love Reggie and Dikembe.

istewart
05-06-2005, 01:53 AM
I like Reggie. Dikembe should be killed.

JaBlue
05-06-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dikembe should be killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Register anew as iStupid plz

tech
05-06-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gotta love Reggie and Dikembe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Let me know when they win something.

nothumb
05-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Ahh yes, one is a 150 pound small forward who flops around like a fish out of water and cries like a baby, the other is a 60-year-old with the pointiest elbows in the league.

NT

PhatTBoll
05-06-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ahh yes, one is a 150 pound small forward who flops around like a fish out of water and cries like a baby, the other is a 60-year-old with the pointiest elbows in the league.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what you will about Reggie, but he has quite possibly done more with less talent than any other player I can think of. I'm going to miss that gargoyle.

And damn the Knicks.

nothumb
05-06-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Say what you will about Reggie, but he has quite possibly done more with less talent than any other player I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he managed to wind up in 3rd place a million years running and get thousands of terrible fouls called on whoever was standing near him. He makes the NBA look like a World Cup match with all the dives he takes. Honestly, I would trade in my truck tomorrow for the opportunity to kick him in the face.

NT

PhatTBoll
05-06-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Say what you will about Reggie, but he has quite possibly done more with less talent than any other player I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he managed to wind up in 3rd place a million years running and get thousands of terrible fouls called on whoever was standing near him. He makes the NBA look like a World Cup match with all the dives he takes. Honestly, I would trade in my truck tomorrow for the opportunity to kick him in the face.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty interesting. So how's Isaiah Thomas working out for ya? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh, and if anybody could make a first round nba playoff game seem like a world cup match, they would be my hero forever.

nothumb
05-06-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty interesting. So how's Isaiah Thomas working out for ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lazy prick couldn't get the tire tracks out of my dirty undies so I sent him to manage some C-list sports franchise.

I don't even have any real NBA allegiance. I hate 'em all.

NT

Phoenix1010
05-06-2005, 02:41 AM
I think the fact that they are both still productive and still helping their teams win after all these years is impressive. Neither is an A-list superstar, but neither are some of the other players who get all the respect. Reggie's manipulation of the rules and Dikembe's unrivaled ability to injure opponents are black marks on their records. Their contributions over the years offset this however.

PhatTBoll
05-06-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty interesting. So how's Isaiah Thomas working out for ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lazy prick couldn't get the tire tracks out of my dirty undies so I sent him to manage some C-list sports franchise.

I don't even have any real NBA allegiance. I hate 'em all.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I'm a Spurs fan anyway. I just have to stick up for the Pacers because I grew up in Indiana. And the fact that they're playing a Boston team right now riles me up.

Sooga
05-06-2005, 02:48 AM
Say what you will about Reggie.... but there is no disputing that:

1) he's got mad stroke, and
2) he's one of the best ever at moving without the ball.

Dead
05-06-2005, 03:01 AM
Go Knicks.