PDA

View Full Version : Turning Stone Questions

TheHammer24
05-06-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm planning on going up to Turning Stone's poker room this summer. Any and all info would be appreciated..thanks in advance.

DemonDeac
05-06-2005, 01:50 AM
im actually interested in this too as i might be going up there if i can find a crew interested in driving the 4 hours, but ill be less general
what are the comps like?
im assuming soft rings like 3/6 and 4/8, right?
daily tourneys?
thanks
anything else be good too

La Brujita
05-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Its a good poker room. In one evening I played 30-60 limit, 3-6 limit, 1-3 limit and 2-5 nl all between 4 and 7 am.

I would have taken the big nl game fishies' money except it was heads up and I might well have been the fish three handed. I can't remember if it was 5-10 no cap or 10-20.

Any specific questions I am sure will be answered.

nothumb
05-06-2005, 02:45 AM
They do 1-3 spread limit, 3-6, 5-10, 10-20, some higher ones, 1-2 NL both 100max and 200max, I'm told there's a 2-4 300 max that goes on weekends. It's not a big room (25 tables or so) but for what they have it's good. Atmosphere is nice, not too antagonistic on the times I've been there, and the small stakes games are really soft.

NT

McGahee
05-06-2005, 08:56 AM
The atmosphere is nice. The one exception was during March Madness and a few idiots thought it was their living room standing up right in front of the big TV. But I've never had a problem with a dealer. Waitresses are average.

If you're looking for a soft game and I do mean soft, the 1-3 spread limit makes party .5/1 look like a shark tank. Seriously, it's that bad, or good I should say.
I've only played 3/6 there for one five hour session and it was actually tighter than I expected, but still easily beatable of you play 1/2 online like me. I went there on a Saturday afternoon and there were suprisingly fewer donks at the table as the night wore on - maybe it was just a coincidence as most of the fish eventually busted out. Unfortunately they don't have a regular 2/4 game.
Oh, and the rake is ridiculous. $3 for any pot $10+; not sure if that's normal or not for a B&M game.

BigSkiRace
05-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Usually any night of the week you can find the following games.

1/2 NL 100 max
1/2 NL 200 max
1-3 H
3/6 H
5/10 H
10/20 H
20/40 H
1-5 Hi-Lo Stud and 1-5 Stud

On the weekends starting friday night aside from these games you have the following games
5/10 NL No Max Buyin w/ 20 dollar bring in (If you buy in for 1000 thats nothing compared to the other stacks) Stack Sizes in this game range from $300 min to 10k
15/30 H
Sometimes a 30/60 will break out

I play there a good amount its a good poker room in general, the comps suck every 3 hrs you get a 5 dollar comp unless your playing 5/10 Limit or Under then its 3 dollars, No Alchol is served here. Games are soft only a few guys you gotta watch out for especially TstoneMBD /images/graemlins/ooo.gif There are few 2+2 regulars, all the games are soft depending on when your playing, best time to play the 20/40 I think is Saturday Morning before the tourny, anytime during morning hours liek 10 am or so seems like when all the old-timers come in and play, there usaully very agressive and throw alot of money around....just make sure you have postion on them.

McGahee
05-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey Ski - I used to be "Syracuse or Rochester" Locale too.
Camillus native, St. John Fisher Grad.

TheHammer24
05-06-2005, 09:36 PM
what changes would I ahve to make in my play to succede at a spread limit game. How different is it. Or would I be better just buying in a little more and playing 3/6

nothumb
05-07-2005, 01:46 AM
The 3-6 is way beatable, play that.

However, to answer your question, in a spread limit game implied odds go down, therefore speculative hands lose some value. Slow playing also loses value. This is mitigated by the fact that there are actually people coming in from off the street and limping into pots at 1-3 without even having cards in their hands.

NT

pmuir10
05-07-2005, 02:34 AM
read these before you go,

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2219598&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2180960&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

nothumb
05-07-2005, 11:52 AM
That person whining about Turning Stone needs to seriously get over himself. If he had played anywhere else he would know that $5/hr is a pretty standard charge for baby NL, poker comps suck everywhere and everyone hates Red Sox fans now.

Summary of link #1: some kid took a trip out to T Stone, ran bad and blamed it on the rake.

NT

TStoneMBD
05-07-2005, 05:22 PM
i never play there no more. all internet for me. im also moving to connecticut 7 days from today!

whoooooohooooooooohellllllllllyesssssum!1

PokerFink
05-07-2005, 07:00 PM
So after everyone on 2+2 told you to move to AC over Conn., you still chose to move to Conn.?

Anyways, goodluck with the move.

zombies kill
05-07-2005, 07:16 PM
out of curiosity since its my home court... what limits/games will you be playing once youre in ct?

TStoneMBD
05-07-2005, 07:41 PM
everyone on 2plus2 told me to move to atlantic city? i dont know where you got this from. the majority of people told me connecticut>new jersey. from what i say, not only did everyone say atlantic city is a total dump, but that if im going to move to new jersey stay out of the city.

TStoneMBD
05-07-2005, 07:43 PM
i wont be going to foxwoods very often. im still only 20. however, ive been there 3 times and havent been carded yet, so ill only be going sometimes. the drive is a little under an hour. internet poker is my future, at least for the rest of this year. when i do go there though, ill probably be playing 20/40-40/80.

PokerFink
05-09-2005, 02:30 AM
I remembered your post of "AC vs Conn, where should I move?" from a few weeks back and I thought I remembered most people saying AC suburbs > Conn. I guess my memory is failing me. I don't feel like finding the link at the moment.

I guess I'll never get to take you up on your Peach Blossom offer, oh well. I'm starting to get hooked on online too, good chance I'm not going to bother with another 5 hour drive to the stone since I turn 21 in December and AC is an hour away.

Speak of the devil:
emagdnimsrt: phew i hate getting aces
emagdnimsrt: mine always get busted

Online is gooooood =)

TheHammer24
05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 3-6 is way beatable, play that.

However, to answer your question, in a spread limit game implied odds go down, therefore speculative hands lose some value. Slow playing also loses value. This is mitigated by the fact that there are actually people coming in from off the street and limping into pots at 1-3 without even having cards in their hands.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told implied odds go up with speculative hands and top off suit cards suck. Are you serious, or just fxcking around? Limping with 78s, wouldn't your implied odds be better because you cand fold your hand after losing a dollar, or hit them with a 3 dollar raise when you make it as opposed to hitting them with a 1 dollar raise on the flop or 2 dollars on turn. Hmmm. Thanks for the info....anyway

PokerFink
05-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Depends on the game. If it's a 2-6 that limps all the time, or preflop raises are only 1 or two more, then you have excellent implied odds. If it's a spread game where every preflop raise is the max and every flop bet is the max, then obviously your implied odds are shot.

TStoneMBD
05-09-2005, 10:11 PM
you mispelled good. but yes, its very good. /images/graemlins/smile.gif