PDA

View Full Version : DVD Burners

marsvolta619
05-06-2005, 01:16 AM
OK, now in the market for a DVD burner and I was surprised to see how much the price came down. Can anyone recommend a quality product? Thanks

fluxrad
05-06-2005, 01:20 AM
get a LiteOn from newegg for like $60, if you're talking about a 3.5" drive. It does +-RW and dual layer.

gorie
05-06-2005, 01:37 AM
i got a liteon when i built my computer also, these are recommended a lot so i'd say it's a pretty good choice.
i like mine.

astroglide
05-06-2005, 01:40 AM
nec is to dvd burners what liteon was to cd burners. people who recommend liteon for dvd burners do not pay good attention to hardware, it's a dead giveaway.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList.jsp?ThirdCategoryCode=010713&SortBy=B& Brand=NEC

those prices include 2day air shipping and zzf is a highly reputable vendor. newegg is too, but their web site is apparently down right now.

DeezNuts
05-06-2005, 01:53 AM
I had a Lite-On until I accidentally kicked the disk holder in and broke it. I then got a NEC. I don't do anything special with them, except burn DVDs. For some reason I couldn't play the Lite-On DVDs on my computer but could on my DVD player. The NEC has solved the problem.

Other than that I see no differences for the casual user.

DN