PDA

View Full Version : Once its heads up....

xPuns1her
05-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Recently I've been losing alot of battles once in down to heads up in the 109's. It seems that getting to the heads up is what takes skill and then it turns into an all out luck fest. For example I just lost a tournament when the villan went allin with Q 2 offsuit and I called with AJ and he hit a 2 on the river. Does anyone know of any good heads up strategies? Is it just good to play extremely aggressive? Or is it just a case by case basis with no real form on how to play.

"Go with God Castle" "God's gonna sit this one out."

SuitedSixes
05-06-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of any good heads up strategies? Is it just good to play extremely aggressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting beaten by it. There is a reason it is called unexploitable.

xPuns1her
05-06-2005, 01:12 AM
What? Can you explain further?

SuitedSixes
05-06-2005, 01:35 AM
How can you exploit someone who either pushes or folds?

Pokerscott
05-06-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you exploit someone who either pushes or folds?

[/ QUOTE ]

With big blinds it is easy to exploit them if they fold a bunch. I think you mean how can you exploit someone that pushes most hands.

Pokerscott

curtains
05-06-2005, 02:14 AM
It's often hard to exploit them, because once you figure out they steal at the correct rate, you have sometimes lost a few sets of blinds. I usually like to give peolpe credit for being relatively loose, and thus if blinds are 250-500 and someone moves allin, I will never fold any ace/pair/K9+/etc. I believe this is especially crucial (to have loose calling standards with high blinds) at the $22s+33s where there rae only 8000 total chips in play.