PDA

View Full Version : My last hand of the week

bigredlemon
05-06-2005, 12:26 AM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.5/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls___folds
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls___calls

6th Street

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls___calls

River

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets___raises___calls

Final pot just shy of 60BBs. Since I missed my low I figure I either had to fold or stay and hope my baby flush holds up. I raised the river to save time because there was zero chance it wasn't getting capped.

Results in white
<font color="white">Seat 5 has 8 high low. Seat 7 has Ace flush. Seat 8 has two pair kings. </font>

I managed to burn through $100 today so i'm probably playing a little more aggressive than unsual. This table was also very aggressive as I've see literally 5 of the players here capping with a pair of 7s or draw to 8low where everyone saw 4th. I'll probably take a few weeks off, and wait until party has a relod or 7csfap comes. It's been a good run guys /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Andy B
05-06-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm all for blind aggression and everything, but when a guy who's showing J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif starts raising, what do you put him on? You can almost lay this one down.

bigredlemon
05-06-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for blind aggression and everything, but when a guy who's showing J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif starts raising, what do you put him on? You can almost lay this one down.

[/ QUOTE ]I put him on a 4flush, 4 straight, or some combination of straight/flush draws, as he had capped with weaker holdings several times before. Two pair is possible too but he would have likely raised my completetion with QQJ or JJQ. A made flush was also a possibility, though I did not consider it likely. Judging by his style of play, I cannot reasonably put him on a flush on 5th street when I 3-bet.

Now that you mention it, isn't it a bit ironic that my first and last two hands are both flush vs. flush, with dead flush card gone? I actually specificallly remembered your reply to my first post--that it was pretty damn rare.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1587206&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

Seat 5 and 8 were fairly aggressive as well, as they both have also capped 3rd with 3-low 8 up on several occasions, so I put them on one baby down as their most likely hand. The fact that seat 5 just called 5th and started raising on 6th said to me he just made 8 low, adding A25 as my outs for low, giving me 9 outs for low plus the chance that my high is good.

Betting out on sixth looks to be a mistake. As for calling 3 bets more... I have 9 outs out of 26 unseen cards to hit a lower low, which is about 1:2. Seat 5 is 1:2 to make a lower low. So I have about .23% chance to win low, or about 1:4.5. There's 30BBs in the pot and 3 to see the river. I'm getting just enough pot odds for just the low half.

I brick the river and ponying up 4BBs to see the showdown. This is where I think I made the inexcusable mistake of calling it down, especially with 66K's leading out.

count1
05-06-2005, 05:20 AM
When you start playing again consider moving up to the $1-$2 game or even $3-$6. You are a student of the game and should do well at these levels.