PDA

View Full Version : Empire won't let me open an account without closing Party...

Mr_J
05-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Ok I don't have a problem with this. My party account doesn't have RB.

"To prevent collusion, we have deployed a new check in our system, which
will allow only one account per player. From the information you
provided we believe that you currently have an account with another site that
is supported by our poker platform. The site where you are trying to
open an account is also supported by the same poker system and therefore
creating of the 2nd account will not be allowed."

Notice they left out accounts I have at 2 other skins. I guess this is because empire and party share the same stuff (forgot what you call it, backsite? I mean support etc).

They also never answered the question I asked them, which is whether I have ever had an account at empire or not.

Mr_J
05-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I can't believe they're doing this because of collusion. You can't sit at a table with 2 accounts that share the same IP. Doesn't that make this process unecessary? From the posts on this board it really seems like they're going after multitablers, bonus whores and rakebackers. Ie serious players.

MicroBob
05-05-2005, 11:50 PM
this is a VERY common pop-up from party/skins. If your computer is not sufficently 'cleaned' when you try to set up the new account then you are going to get this.

MANY MANY people have gotten this pop-up. Nothing new here.

Mr_J
05-05-2005, 11:58 PM
No no no. This wasn't a pop up. I asked empire about whether I had an account there and that I'd like to open one up. They then responded that if I'd like to open one up there, I'd have to close my party account. CS said this, not the installation software. Maybe this is just their offical stance and they're not strict, just thought I'd post it up though.

MicroBob
05-06-2005, 12:02 AM
correct. this is the standard response they are going to give you (and always have given).

Once you open the new account you should be fine...although there are no guarantees on this anymore since things have been changing at party/skins of late.

But there is nothing unusual in the response you received (except for the fact that it made sense and actually addressed a question you were asking).

Freudian
05-06-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No no no. This wasn't a pop up. I asked empire about whether I had an account there and that I'd like to open one up. They then responded that if I'd like to open one up there, I'd have to close my party account. CS said this, not the installation software. Maybe this is just their offical stance and they're not strict, just thought I'd post it up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what they always say when you ask. Which is why you shouldn't ask. Loose lips sink new accounts.

jba
05-06-2005, 12:06 AM
did you use the same email address?

Mr_J
05-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Microbob-
"They also never answered the question I asked them, which is whether I have ever had an account at empire or not."

So no, I didn't get special treatment in the way of them answering my question.

Freudian-
"Which is why you shouldn't ask."

First of all I didn't know this would be a problem. Second, this wasn't what I asked them. However, by running my name through their system (to see if I had an empire account) they obviously saw I had an account at party. They still didn't actually directly answer my question /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Don't need a party account though so I haven't really lost much. Just the COMPBONUS if it's still available, and the occasional reload. I could just open the Empire and keep the party and see what happens, or close the party and open it again later. Ah well, doesn't matter.

MicroBob
05-06-2005, 12:20 AM
or you could just do what everyone else does and just open the empire account anyway.

Once again, this is their standard reply. It is not necessary to close your party account in order to open an empire account (besides...they will still detect that you have accounts on the other skins anyway unless you take appropriate measures when signing-up your empire account).

Mr_J
05-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Mr_J said:
"I could just open the Empire and keep the party and see what happens,"

To which Microbob responded:
"or you could just do what everyone else does and just open the empire account anyway."

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Worst that will happen is that they ask me to choose or that they close my empire account (in which case I get them to close party and let me keep empire).

BTW, I'm perfectly aware of the measures that need to be taken, I did sign up at pokernow a few days ago /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MicroBob
05-06-2005, 12:41 AM
whoops. i only saw the part about closing the party account.

i'm playing a few tables while surfing here.
you actually expect my responses to be coherent? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

astarck
05-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Anyone wonder why party/skins don't adjust the software so you can play more than 4 tables at once on one skin? Seems like it would be easier for those who like to multi-table more than 4. Bonus whoring would still go on at the other skins, but multi-tablers would only need 1 account.

Also, has this idea been mentioned to party?