PDA

View Full Version : auto loan (pro)

Reckless_Abandon
05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm a pro who wants to finance 85% of a new Prius. Any advice from others with a similar experience. I don't think the poker player part will slow me up, just the fact that I don't have 2 tax returns filing as a pro.

BusterStacks
05-05-2005, 11:21 PM
1) The poker player part SHOULD slow you up, as it should be very uncomfortable for a good player to accept such a retarded, -EV situation as financing a new automobile.

2) Without paying taxes, there is about a 95% chance they won't load you the money, and a 5% chance that they will loan you the money at around 30% APR. There is also a 100% chance that you get red-flagged by the IRS.

Thanks for playing.

Reckless_Abandon
05-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Guess I should clarify. I've always been legit. This is my second year filing as a full time pro. I've already made more this year than last. So my trouble is making them believe my actual monthly income. The only way being a poker player hurts me, from their standpoint, is that I'm self-employed. So a slightly higher percentage is what I'll probably have to take, fine.

OtisTheMarsupial
05-06-2005, 12:31 AM
WTG! Priuses rule!
Did you already get on a waiting list or how did you track yours down?

How about this idea? Go to the bank and ask for a loan. If they can't finance you they will point you in the right direction.

Reckless_Abandon
05-06-2005, 08:14 AM
There's a guy in Vegas who sells quite a few. He's gets some extras each month and it's first come, first serve.