PDA

View Full Version : sony 22" crt refurb $128 delivered any 1 have the link?

jeffs
05-05-2005, 07:07 PM
a week or so ago i saw a post for this on 2+2 but search has failed to find any one have it thanks

og5
05-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I think you may be referring to this one but it's a 21"

http://www.accurateit.com/details.asp?iid=323

ZBTHorton
05-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have one of these? How good of condition we talking about?

og5
05-05-2005, 11:42 PM
I have one. It's a class B refurb which means some of the internal parts have probably been replaced and there will be cosmetic blemishes (mine has some small cracks on the plastic) But if you want the cheapest option for 4 tabling on a decent screen size it's the way to go. If I didn't get headaches from staring at CRTs I wouldn't be replacing mine.

TStoneMBD
05-05-2005, 11:48 PM
just get one off ebay. ive actually bought 3 21" crts on ebay to date (my 3rd because i dropped one and it broke). they all costed me about $100 total, for each.

brazilio
05-06-2005, 01:53 AM
The monitor listed is equivalent to a Sony CPD-G500 or G550. New they're one of the best CRTs you can get. I've got it as a Class B refurbished as well, case is cracked and it's an offlease. Personally if I were going to get one now, I'd either get it new or at least not heavily used. The only problem I have with the 21-inch CRTs is that there's a wire break that's noticeable with a white background. It looks like a rectangle on the middle 20% of the screen. It only shows up on a white or very light background. I'm not sure about the technology specifics of this type of CRT, but I think that wire loosening worsens the picture quality in some manner.

nsdjoe
05-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Just ordered this. For some reason it comes with a free surge protector.

Anyway the class B refurb states that it may have small to moderate screen blemishes, including hair-like scratches and 'barely noticable' burn-in shadowing.

I'm hoping it really is barely noticable, because this might drive me crazy. Then again for $130 I'm a beggar and not a chooser.