PDA

View Full Version : Party 15/30: KJs straight out of SSH, or too aggro?

ZeeJustin
05-05-2005, 06:43 PM
This was my first hand at the table, so no reads.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ZeeJustin is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, ZeeJustin calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
ZeeJustin checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ZeeJustin 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (8.33 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ZeeJustin bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (10.33 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ZeeJustin bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12.33 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
ZeeJustin has Js Ks (one pair, kings).
CO has Jh Jc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: ZeeJustin wins 12.33 BB. </font>

Jeffage
05-05-2005, 06:44 PM
I think it's perfect.

Jeff

goofball
05-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeah, looks like a standard line.

DcifrThs
05-05-2005, 07:03 PM
do you think you get enough fold equity on the river to bet the turn? i dont think that guy ever folds the river, so i often play this hand by betting the flop, trapping callers in teh middle and checking the turn. that to me is a standard line.

but in all honestly, this hand is one of those that it matters very little EV wise which line you take given you cards/board and action.

-Barron

TheBusiness
05-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I am not sure I love the flop check-3-bet. When you are on a draw, you want people to be in the hand to pay you off when it hits. Check-raising is better against only one villain, because in that case you need to sometimes win the pot without a showdown since your draw only hits about 1/3 of the time. But with two other players in, one of which bet and the other raised, by just calling the flop and waiting to see if you hit your draw, I think you give yourself a bigger payoff when you do hit by not driving anyone out.

I don't necessarily think your line is bad, as the check-3-bet signifies a monster and you can sometimes win the pot that way without hitting even against two other players. But its not the line I usually prefer on a flush draw 3-handed.

I Play 2 Ski
05-05-2005, 07:52 PM
i like to bet the flop here and then 3 bet if raised.

goofball
05-05-2005, 08:24 PM
I don't think it's fold equity on the river you are primarily after. Yes if he calls the turn and you miss it's time to fire the last bullet hopign for him to fold A high and KQ but the bet on the turn might jsut push him off an even wider range of hands than a bet on the river. Throw in that we have outs to the flush straight, and possibly both our overcards pushes a turn bet to +EV.

ggbman
05-05-2005, 08:29 PM
I like the agression, but not the check 3 bet. Your hand has no showdown value, but your outs the flush are basically always good and you usually have outs to the king here. I would just lead and then 3 bet if i thought i could keep people in, otherwise, i would just call a raise. While it worked out here, you ended up isolating yourself against a hand you were basically racing, but you want 88 staying in for the turn and river if possible to pat you off when you hit.