PDA

View Full Version : Amusing chat at Party SNG

NoRiverRats
05-05-2005, 05:05 PM
So I am showing a buddy online poker in hope of getting some referral $$ - showing him the regular games and SNGs. He asks if we can play and I say sure, so we jump on a $10 SNG. On the second level I get KK in early position, I raise and get five callers which doesn't make me too happy.

Flop is 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

One bet to me, I raise, all call. turn is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to me, I bet four callers. I am not too happy at this stage but not too upset either. River is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif another EP checks, I bet, call and EP calls. Other EP show 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Chat goes like this;

me - nice catch
EP - thanks
me - I only had KK.
EP - thought you had more the way you were raising

EP busts out in 9th place. I get no cards and bust out in fifth.

ChrisCo
05-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Run!!! you are about to get flamed and I don't blame any one for flaming you.

You show no clas at all, no understanding of poker, you misplayed the hand, and to top it all off your opponent didn't misplay his hand that badly.

NoRiverRats
05-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Flame away, I freely admit $10 SNGs are not my thing...If anyone knows how (or cares) to master them their book will make them mega $$$....

Ianco15
05-05-2005, 06:07 PM
WTF YOU LOST WITH KINGS!!! OMG WHAT A BAD BEAT!!! LOL BUT HE STILL WENT OUT NINTH. JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT YOU CAN STILL LOSE EVEN WHEN YOU GET LUCKY. TOO BAD YOU WENT OUT FIFTH. IM SURE YOU'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME. IF YOU PLAY AT A HIGHER BUY IN PEOPLE WILL RESPECT YOUR RAISES AND YOU'LL PROBABLY DO BETTER.

Klepton
05-05-2005, 06:46 PM
this will not end well for you

gh9801
05-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Were you min betting and min raising, buddy? That stuff = no good

NoRiverRats
05-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Picture me waving a white flag, I surrender...all I was trying to point out is that I was showing my buddy (who is thinking of setting up an online account) the logistics of playing on Party. The funny point I was trying to make is that he got a perfect taste of what SNGs at that level are like - I wasn't complaining or whining about a bad beat, I think I used the word amusing if I am not mistaken, in the heading even...I hearby apologize tone is not easily communicable in email and that some have trouble "getting it". I hope the Gods and gremlins who inhabit two plus two will forgive me and the fools that go before and after me...

ChrisCo
05-05-2005, 08:59 PM
It's not that you posted a bad beat, its what you said to the player afterwards.

DON'T TAP THE GLASS

DemonDeac
05-05-2005, 11:13 PM
i think it was a limit SnG

Lawrence Ng
05-05-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chat goes like this;

me - nice catch
EP - thanks
me - I only had KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the amusing part?

Lawrence

deacsoft
05-05-2005, 11:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/deacsoft/twoplustwo/walks_on_moon_tshirt.jpg

MicroBob
05-05-2005, 11:59 PM
i was wondering the same thing.

this may be the least amusing chat I have ever seen at party.

Dragonith
05-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

drexah
05-06-2005, 07:56 AM
man, this is so dumb. was this NL or limit? what is so amusing about the chat? jeeesus

NoRiverRats
05-06-2005, 09:41 AM
My apologies, indeed it was limit. Humor and/or amusement are clearly in the eye of the beholder. I will be getting thicker glasses shortly but FWIW, I thought both my comment and the response were entertaining...

CourtesyFlush
05-06-2005, 11:30 AM
I thought it was kind of amusing that he said "I thought you had more the way you were raising" and yet he called the flop with almost nothing.

Smoothcall
05-06-2005, 02:37 PM
You wrote a bad beat trying to disguise it by making it sound like there was another reason to write it. Putting up window dressing about you're buddy watching. The point was to tell us how you got sucked out on. And that you were glad he got knocked out before you. There was no other point.

beernutz
05-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Top 3 problems with this post:

#3 - Yet another, "So I am showing a buddy..." post.
#2 - Thread subject amounts to false advertising.
#1 - Where is Wrong Forum man when you need him?

[ QUOTE ]
So I am showing a buddy online poker in hope of getting some referral $$ - showing him the regular games and SNGs. He asks if we can play and I say sure, so we jump on a $10 SNG. On the second level I get KK in early position, I raise and get five callers which doesn't make me too happy.

Flop is 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

One bet to me, I raise, all call. turn is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to me, I bet four callers. I am not too happy at this stage but not too upset either. River is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif another EP checks, I bet, call and EP calls. Other EP show 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Chat goes like this;

me - nice catch
EP - thanks
me - I only had KK.

EP busts out in 9th place. I get no cards and bust out in fifth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Misfire
05-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Your screen name tells me this isn't the first time this has happened.

WEASEL45
05-06-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the second level I get KK in early position, I raise and get five callers which doesn't make me too happy.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ChrisCo
05-06-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was kind of amusing that he said "I thought you had more the way you were raising" and yet he called the flop with almost nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, lets see here, 6 people in for 1bb each, and you hold middle pair with a backdoor flush draw. When the op bets out the player is getting 7:1, not to mention the implied odds and the other people in the hand. If you think this is a bad call on the flop you got a serious leak.

warlockjd
05-07-2005, 02:12 AM
Today I missed a flush draw.

Boy was I PISSED!!

James282
05-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Hey NoRiverRats: Funny chat, but if you could please make sure these posts go in the "Bad Beat" section of 2+2 you wouldn't get as many harsh responses.
-James

Dragonith
05-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Now I remember why I didnt want to get an account, and instead just lurk. Cus most of you are dicks. All you do is bitch and whine about other peoples bitching and whining, even when it isn't bitching and whining you still find some way to bitch and whine about it, and now you've got me here bitching and whining for no good reason about how much all you little pussies bitch and whine. If what you have to say isnt interesting, productive, funny or does not have some other redeeming quality to it, dont post it, because nobody wants to read it.

Edge34
05-07-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If what you have to say isnt interesting, productive, funny or does not have some other redeeming quality to it, dont post it, because nobody wants to read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot, kettle, etc.

imported_CaseClosed326
05-07-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I remember why I didnt want to get an account,

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like you forgot. Does this stand as a good enough reminder?

masse75
05-07-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] these fuckers if they dont get the point of the post. For what its worth I thought that chat was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why censor the first '[censored]' when you say 'fuckers' two words later?

Ianco15
05-07-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I remember why I didnt want to get an account, and instead just lurk.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see any reason for you to post again.

BottlesOf
05-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I make a real effort to make NVG a kick ass place with winners like "Who's the coolest: David, Mason or Ray?" and "Is LAG the new TAG?" and you sully the forum up with this crap....

CourtesyFlush
05-07-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, lets see here, 6 people in for 1bb each, and you hold middle pair with a backdoor flush draw. When the op bets out the player is getting 7:1, not to mention the implied odds and the other people in the hand. If you think this is a bad call on the flop you got a serious leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, misread the hand, didn't see that EP had a pair on the flop. I guess it really wasnt amusing whatsoever.

MicroBob
05-07-2005, 10:04 PM
My recent amusing party chat wasn't really THAT amusing...but I think it was more amusing then the chat that has been offered in this thread so I've to share it here.

AssSpanker: Great! Two morons to add to my buddy-list.
me: Have I made the list?
AssSpanker: yup
me: Thank you AssSpanker!!!
me: (I never thought I would have reason to say that)

later -
AssSpanker: I love playing against morons like you.
me: I love you too AssSpanker!
me: (again...something I thought I would never find myself saying)

after he leaves -
me: oh darn. he left.
me: Come back AssSpanker!!
me: I miss you AssSpanker!!