PDA

View Full Version : Bluff Central 30/60

theBruiser500
05-05-2005, 04:21 PM
PRF is raising a lot preflop, don't know other guy. Plan was to call a turn raise and check/fold river if I miss. Check/call if I pair up, and check/raise if I hit flush.

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

River: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

theBruiser500
05-05-2005, 05:00 PM
The idea basically being that no one has an ace probably, and there's a decent chance no one has a pocket pair and I take it down right there.

Nate tha' Great
05-05-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The idea basically being that no one has an ace probably, and there's a decent chance no one has a pocket pair and I take it down right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate it at this limit, especially since you're a player who can lay off the brakes sometimes (e.g. this is a better bet for you than for me).

goofball
05-05-2005, 05:07 PM
I like it too. I wouldn't have felt too great about following through on the river after button coldcalled preflop, called the flop and called the turn, but with J high you have no choice.

theBruiser500
05-05-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it too. I wouldn't have felt too great about following through on the river after button coldcalled preflop, called the flop and called the turn, but with J high you have no choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking...

DpR
05-05-2005, 05:32 PM
I agree, betting the river is a must here as there is little reason to think he has an A (would raise turn most likely since he prob doesnt fear your kicker since you were in blinds). Can't allow yourself to lose this pot to a K high flush draw.

ggbman
05-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Why not c/r the flop? The have to invest a half less to bluff and gives your hand some deception if you hit.

flub
05-05-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't play much 7 handed, but is this a call preflop? I would have folded.

James282
05-05-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 Ways this is a definite call.
-James

theBruiser500
05-05-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not c/r the flop? The have to invest a half less to bluff and gives your hand some deception if you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, hopefully someone else can address that

I Play 2 Ski
05-05-2005, 07:57 PM
because you didn't decide to bluff until the turn.

spoohunter
05-05-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 Ways this is a definite call.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... you think it is so cut and dried? I usually prefer one more player in the hand to defend this, or my opponents to be very predictable. This is a hand you have to play mid pair with to make this defense profitable (or less unprofitable than folding).

steveyz
05-05-2005, 08:13 PM
It's 7 handed so basically CO open raised, that means your pair outs are good most of the time, and that makes it an easy call.

In a full game, if EP raised and there was a cold caller, I think it would be wise to muck it.

Note that you also have good position relative to the PFR here. If someone had limped and then button raised, I think mucking might be better as well.

riseabove
05-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I dont like this play... seems kinda cocky and you know your gonna get called atleast half the time, assuming he wasnt on a draw, if he had any pair on the turn hes gonna call your river bet. You did win the pot though.

ggbman
05-05-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, hopefully someone else can address that

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully james or rigeletto will offer their opinions, but i think the flop c/r is better because on the turn, you have represented a strong hand and he thinks it will cost him 2 bets to see showdown, which isnt tempting without an ace. Ideally he folds the turn in which case you invest less in the bluff and get deception when the flush comes. When you let people make it to the river, they will be more inclined to pay 1 bet in a reasonably sized pot to showdown with a marginal hand.

I Play 2 Ski
05-05-2005, 08:33 PM
if he bluffs this turn he has to bet this river if he is just called. Plus he has outs, it works for me