PDA

View Full Version : K9s shorthanded situation

cmwck
05-05-2005, 04:19 PM
SB is a loose but semi-decent aggressive player (60/14/3.56 after 115 hands).
Preflop he raises a fair range of hands, and likes to 3-bet it if he thinks you're stealing his blinds. Post-flop he does a good amount of bluffing and betting draws ; If he raised preflop he'll pretty much bet the flop and turn automatically.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero raises...

I'm pretty sure I would have been better off raising the river instead (or bet if checked to). Against what type of players would you raise the flop or turn instead of just calling all the way?

@bsolute_luck
05-05-2005, 04:22 PM
i would have waited 'til the river based on your reads to raise him. if he's bluffing you win the most, behind you lose the least.

NickRegino
05-05-2005, 04:33 PM
I agree, if he wants to keep firing et him and raise him on the river, If you get reraised back, maybe he has a K with a better kicker and best to just call that raise.