PDA

View Full Version : Is this one close?

JeffO
05-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Party 15/30. Your in the SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

3 limper, the CO raises, the button 3 bets and its on you.

What's your action?

balkii
05-05-2005, 02:58 PM
i dont think its very close. a raise and a 3-bet after multiple limpers sounds like at least one of them has a pretty good holding that has you crushed. you have bad normal position and also bad position relative to the PFRs. i'd fold.

then again, i play too tight.

I Play 2 Ski
05-05-2005, 03:04 PM
fold, its not that close.

your position sucks
the button 3bet signifies your toast
what kind of flops do you like besideds a spade draw?

stoxtrader
05-05-2005, 04:10 PM
my initial thought is that it's an easy fold, but I want to look at this a bit more closely to see what kind of equity the flush draw adds, because you certainly have a nice multiway pot brewing.

I Play 2 Ski
05-05-2005, 04:16 PM
I guess alot of it depends on how likely the other limpers are likely to come along.

k_squared
05-05-2005, 04:32 PM
unless you have a great read on the person three-betting as being overly aggressive in trying to isolate, or simply overly aggressive (i.e. willing to 3 bet with any pair or suited cards), then it is an easy fold.

-k_squared

tpir90036
05-05-2005, 04:38 PM
If the limpers are the type to sponge it all up when it gets back to them I think calling here is not horrible. But folding can't be a huge mistake either. Paying 2-ish bets here for a 6-way (possibly 7-way if the BB comes along) 3-bet pot sounds OK to me.

TBag
05-05-2005, 04:43 PM
The hand does have a lot of multiway action cookin up, but I would fold. The only thing I would feel good about playing in this hand is a flush / straight, (well two pair is good too) and you're in a bad position to extract maximum value from it if you make one of said hands.

DpR
05-05-2005, 05:41 PM
I muck and squirm if I see spades on the flop.

steveyz
05-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Fold and it's not close.

SA125
05-05-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play Party's, but the 15-30 live games I play are loose/aggressive and full of LCC's (Loose Caller Chasers). The big multi-way pots always seem to be dragged by the "how can he call a raise with that hand?"

I've changed my thinking from "This is what can go wrong with this hand.." to "This will win big if it hits. Let's see the flop". ATs is an easy call.

I've decided being a TAG is great, but having a shot at those big juicy pots is a must. Sooted A's are high implied odds hands for the job, as are the middle sooted T9s-87s. Even for 3 bets. Let's see the flop. It has a habit of changing the equity of the hands completely.

imashyboi
05-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't this be a close call and fold situation? I'll say 50/50. After the Button 3 bets, your getting close to 4-1 on the flop. The odds on flopping two suited hands on the flop would be 6.5-1, with implied odds your pretty close to getting that if either the limpers or the blind calls.

One bad thing about this is your position. Your in the SB which means if you semi-bluff with a 4flush you might still be raised by the button. You have to play defense in this situation even though your aiming for the nut flush. Hopefully everyone just calls after the Button bets.

TheBusiness
05-05-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play Party's, but the 15-30 live games I play are loose/aggressive and full of LCC's (Loose Caller Chasers). The big multi-way pots always seem to be dragged by the "how can he call a raise with that hand?"

I've changed my thinking from "This is what can go wrong with this hand.." to "This will win big if it hits. Let's see the flop". ATs is an easy call.

I've decided being a TAG is great, but having a shot at those big juicy pots is a must. Sooted A's are high implied odds hands for the job, as are the middle sooted T9s-87s. Even for 3 bets. Let's see the flop. It has a habit of changing the equity of the hands completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I think that in the Party 15/30 game, this is a call preflop. However, it is important to keep in mind that you are looking to flop a flush draw or top two pair, and if you don't, you need to get away from this hand on the flop, even if you catch an ace.

I Play 2 Ski
05-05-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I think that in the Party 15/30 game, this is a call preflop. However, it is important to keep in mind that you are looking to flop a flush draw or top two pair, and if you don't, you need to get away from this hand on the flop, even if you catch an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 2 of the 3 limpers stay in it pretty much an even money proposition.

TheBusiness
05-05-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If 2 of the 3 limpers stay in it pretty much an even money proposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's be honest here, this is the Party 15/30 game. If you call making it six-handed (and the BB could call and make it 7-handed), all three of the limpers will call 95% of the time. At worst, one folds and two call. At worst.

Your Mom
05-05-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold and it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

steveyz
05-06-2005, 12:15 AM
If you knew the limpers would all call, then calling is probably ok. In this situation, the combined factors of not knowing if you will be getting enough odds, combined with the fact that you are in poor position to extract the max if you do hit, makes it an easy fold.

If the 3-bettor is extremely loose in 3-betting then it might be close again.