PDA

View Full Version : 3% Savings - ING Direct - Any Experience with this?

Rooster71
05-05-2005, 11:49 AM
I am permanently disabled and am looking to take a more active role in investments since I am no longer working. My primary plans involve real estate, however I am looking for a place to put money in the interim where I can receive a decent return while keeping liquid. I am impressed with ING Direct's rates, but I am somewhat apprehensive about investing the majority of my liquid net worth via the Internet (where there is no local branch).

I have used Scottrade considerably in the past, but they have a local office. So I am not new to doing financial transactions over the web, but what bothers be about ING is that I wonder "where I would go if any problem arises?" Does anyone here have any experience with ING Direct? If so, what can I expect as far as service and speed of transactions?

Any input is appreciated.

-Rob

GeorgeF
05-05-2005, 12:25 PM
I don't believe that you will be treated better or worse without a local office. The local branch is mostly a sales tool.

RunDownHouse
05-05-2005, 01:24 PM
First, you might have better luck posting - or searching - through the internet gambling forum, as ING threads are semi-frequent over there, and a lot of 2+2ers don't come through here.

Second, if you don't get a lot of replies it might be because ING has never caused a problem for many people, myself included. From poker through NETeller to checking to ING, and the biggest variable in the time of that is usually the poker cashout. But I've never had a situation arise where I would need to call and talk to somebody, so I can't speak to their service on that front. I think that's mostly a good thing.

eric5148
05-05-2005, 07:17 PM
I've used ING for about a year and haven't had any problems. They're FDIC insured, so I trust them just as much as any other bank. Transfers take 2-3 days.

They have a refer a friend deal which is $25 for the referree and $10 for the referer. PM me if you'd like to do it.

deathtoau
05-06-2005, 07:10 PM
When I first signed up with ING Direct, there was a problem with the account authorization process. I dialed their customer service line and they took care of my problem in minutes.

Also, check out Emigrant Direct, I have no experience with them, but they have paid a higher interest rate than ING Direct for at least the past 6 months.

Old Thread on ING and Emigrant (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=stocks&Number=2022070&Foru m=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,f16,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,&Words=ING%20 Direct&Searchpage=16&Limit=25&Main=1996907&Search= true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&ne wertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post20220 70)