PDA

View Full Version : someone posted about poker and applying for a mortgage...

Rhone
05-05-2005, 10:42 AM
...a few months back, but I can't find the post. The issue was submitting bank statements that listed transfers to/from poker sites as part of the mortgage application.

Can someone point me to the post? Even better, if the OP reads this, or anyone else who has gone through the mortgage application process recently, can contact me, I'd appreciate it.

I just want to make sure all those transactions are not going to be a problem, and if they are try to figure out some way to deal with it...

Thanks,
rhone

youtalkfunny
05-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Since someone brought it up, I plan on moving this summer. This will be the first time I've ever tried to move without having a "real" job.

I'm not looking for a mortgage, though. I just want to rent.

If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate any advice offered.

maldini
05-05-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...a few months back, but I can't find the post. The issue was submitting bank statements that listed transfers to/from poker sites as part of the mortgage application.

Can someone point me to the post? Even better, if the OP reads this, or anyone else who has gone through the mortgage application process recently, can contact me, I'd appreciate it.

I just want to make sure all those transactions are not going to be a problem, and if they are try to figure out some way to deal with it...

Thanks,
rhone

[/ QUOTE ]

i am a mortgage broker. you can typically use bank statement deposits as income. you may have to prove some type of self employment status. there are some lenders that will need just a business card to prove self employment. you can go NO DOC but have to have decent credit and will pay a pretty high rate. i usually try to find a lender that will minimally accept what the borrower has or can get.

if you'd like to PM me with specific questions, i'd be happy to help.

Note: i'm not trying to get your business. i dont mind answering questions and i'd be happy to help a 2+2er anytime. I may need advice someday about a topic in which i know nothing.

Jeffage
05-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Offer to pay a few months in advance if you have the money. If you have crappy credit, you might have to put up more in advance.

Jeff