PDA

View Full Version : Stupid rivercall or following the right read?

Niwa
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($192.8)
UTG ($272.2)
MP ($268.4)
CO ($200.6)
Button ($91.65)
Hero ($191)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($10) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($10) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB calls $4.

River: ($26) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $70</font>, Hero calls $60.

Final Pot: $166

Jocke_F
05-05-2005, 10:48 AM
its ok if BB is a nutcase, otherwise I can't understand this call

spoohunter
05-05-2005, 11:08 AM
That's a horrible river call, and a pretty bad flop check.

Niwa
05-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Why is the check on the flop such a bad idea?
Yes, this dude is a nutcase and I just busted him on our other table when he went all-in on the flop with nothing as a bluff.

No draws is out and I want him to bluff the rest off. Why is checking such a bad move?

swolfe
05-05-2005, 11:19 AM
lead the flop!

okay, you wanted to slowplay. fine, this board wasn't too bad. you HAVE to lead the turn.

why did you minraise the turn? do you hate money?

man, my eyes are bleeding from looking at this hand...

wtfsvi
05-05-2005, 11:19 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
That's a horrible river call, and a pretty bad flop check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mind the flop check that much if villain has loose raising standards in a battle of blinds. The turn-minraise is alot worse as I see it. That's the ugliest thing about this hand I think. (Well, without a read, the river call is quite bad too.)

Leading into the raiser is a great play with a set, but it doesn't work very well if the preflop raiser's hand range contains 72o.

unlucky513
05-05-2005, 11:20 AM
the flop check is ok, good spot to checkraise. but you need to lead the turn. bad river call.

Always Rockets
05-05-2005, 11:20 AM
you need such an incredibly strong read on someone to make a play like that...if you had it, then nice move, but otherwise i dont see how you could call

spoohunter
05-05-2005, 11:24 AM
If he's a maniac he can raise your flop bet with as little as ace high, or a pair of nines. He can call you with two undercards, gutshots, etc.

Let him make the mistakes, by betting the flop.

TrailofTears
05-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Ugh. Make a real raise on the turn. Please.

What is this "perfect read" that I am reading in your subject? I just want to know what you put him on and why.

-Trail

Niwa
05-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I didnt put him on anything. He raises huge when he's getting 4-flushes and has previously raised all-in with nothing. He's originally a 1000 NL player who has got out of line ALOT.

I just wanted to see if this was so crazy against any random. I just cant see him having either the flush or a higher set since he bets both very aggressively.
I just couldnt believe this large raise on the river. His % of wins going to showdown is less than 2% /images/graemlins/smile.gif
He was blowing off steam I guess.

TrailofTears
05-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Okay, then I think a call is mandatory here. I just didn't know what read you were following. Good explanation of your read - this could/should go in the original post, though.

-Trail

gojacketz
05-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Hard to get a read with the given information.

The river raise size looks very strange in this situation. I have a lot of players in my notes that I would fold in a heartbeat, and a lot of players that I would call in a heartbeat.

If this were the first hand at the table, no reads whatsoever, I would probably lay it down - but then again, I would have most likely raised a bit more on the turn - so I wouldn't be as fearful of the backdoor flush.

Gojacketz