PDA

View Full Version : Some weird comments/questions

Hotchile
11-21-2002, 09:13 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this. When I play online, I always play 2 games. Yesterday I was playing 2-4HE and .50-1.00 PL Omaha Hi. Both games were quite good (I wouldn't have it any other way) but I left the 2-4 game. Why? It just didn't feel comfortable. I hate to think that I have started resorted to allowing "feelings" to dictate game selection but I'm curious if anyone else has ever left a game because they had a bad feeling about it. I knew that I was a big favorite in the game but I didn't "feel" like I was going to play like one. As I watched hands get played out and yet another 94s dragged a pot, I was getting the urge to gamble with these guys. At that point I decided that it was better to leave the game with a $10 loss. Conversely, at the PL Omaha game, I felt like I was totally in charge of my game. I ended up with a "well played" $100 win in the Omaha game. No gambling involved, just solid hands and solid play.

My question is, has anyone ever come across this type of problem before and what did you do? Did you leave the game? Shake your head and hunker down? If you did play, did you play well and what were your results?

I detest posting something so "luck orientated" but I really want to know how to deal with this type of dissonance.

Hotchile

thebroker
11-21-2002, 09:36 PM
If you are not in the mood to play Hold em you probably won't be able to put full effort in to it. If I find 2 games equally good I normally play in the one I'm in the mood for. Sometimes you just really wanna play one form over another.

yct
11-21-2002, 09:51 PM
I think I see what you are saying. On some days, no matter how juicy the game is, and no matter how well I play, my hands always end up only 2nd best. And if I try to stick around, majority of the time I would only lose more. So nowadays, I just take my losses because there will always be other opportunities tomorrow...