PDA

View Full Version : nose pick 5/5

Kevroc
05-05-2005, 07:27 AM
ytd 19-21 -700

yankees (-160)

shemp
05-05-2005, 11:59 AM
you want the yankees at -160 with a AAA guy pitching? huh? is this on the theory that they can't keep losing? this is insane.

mrbaseball
05-05-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is insane

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in his defense this rookie did pitch okay first time out unlike Henn last night. But laying -160 on the road with a rookie backed up by a horrific bullpen doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Even against TB. Yankees are tailspinning right now and if you can't bet against them you should at least refrain from betting on them. There is absolutely no value in laying this kind of wood the way this team is playing. Any other 11-17 (ie crappy) team with a rookie starter would probably be a pick'em at best here and not -160.

God, I love baseball!

DougOzzzz
05-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Have the Yankees been underdogs in a single game this year? If so, I can't remember it. Seems every day they are -150 or worse. When's the public going to catch on that this isn't the 100 win team they've been the past several years?

shemp
05-05-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have the Yankees been underdogs in a single game this year? If so, I can't remember it. Seems every day they are -150 or worse. When's the public going to catch on that this isn't the 100 win team they've been the past several years?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still hear, "They're a great team, just underperforming." I don't hear, nearly as often, "Their defense is poor, their speed in the outfield is mediocre, their starting pitching isn't there, they don't have the pen to get to their closer, and some of their core (Posada, Williams) is showing signs of age."

To me, the only guy who one could reasonably call a surprise underperformer is Matsui. Sure they could be competetive if someone goes nuts and puts them on their back, but they aren't particularly good, no matter what their payroll is. I'm not sure they are the best team in NY.

scott8
05-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Keep in mind that Tampa is going for the sweep tonight.
I see David having that extra fire tonight against Goliath.
Just something else to consider.

shemp
05-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Well, all of the above. But good luck to Kevroc.

The13atman
05-05-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When's the public going to catch on that this isn't the 100 win team they've been the past several years?

[/ QUOTE ]

October. I may start fading the Yankees every day for the rest of the season.

hogua
05-05-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When's the public going to catch on that this isn't the 100 win team they've been the past several years?

[/ QUOTE ]

October. I may start fading the Yankees every day for the rest of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started this strategy officially today, so, I'm sure the Yanks will win. LOL. They are just so over valued that it's insane.

MHoydilla
05-05-2005, 05:48 PM
I bet on pinnacle and love the reverse run lines. I took TB -1.5 Runs @ +259. I think in general reverse run lines offer value when betting againest a puclic team with their 4th or 5th starter, on the road. Look at the Yanks this year, I cant beleive TB at home doesnt win this game by 2, 30% or more of the time.

mrbaseball
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may start fading the Yankees every day for the rest of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're about 5 weeks late to the party /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think unless something drastic happens the lines will start getting weaker and weaker pretty soon. This team has lots of problems and really isn't dominant over most other teams.

The poll on the front page of Yahoo MLB is will the Yankees either bounce back or keep losing. Keep losing is currently winning about 53% to 47% so beware the bounce back! They will probably turn it around once the public thinks they can't /images/graemlins/smile.gif But until I see something other than what I've seen I'll stay against them as long as the price is right.

05-05-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a 4-game series. Yanks won the first one.

Number was -200/+185 at game time on wager.dm

mikelow
05-05-2005, 10:14 PM
me, I just bet the Devil Rays +157.

Yankees got problems--and George is preoccupied with his horse.

Kevroc
05-06-2005, 12:54 AM
nice play for all you rays bettors! good input, i enjoyed reading it. These picks are "system", by posting them I cannot fool myself into thinking its a winning one unless it truly is. So far it is NOT. LOL

Yankees L (-160)

YTD 19-22 (-860)

scott8
05-06-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a 4-game series. Yanks won the first one.

Number was -200/+185 at game time on wager.dm

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, about that - I shouldn't post until I am fully awake.
Hope my misinformation mislead you into taking a winner /images/graemlins/cool.gif