PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City, MO Hookah Bars

Tron
05-05-2005, 05:55 AM
It turns out that I will be returning to my old stomping grounds for a couple of weeks this summer and told a fine lady friend that I would take her to one of these.

Problem is, I don't know of any, and Googling is proving difficult.

BUT, I do know that there are at least a few OOT posters from or around KCMO, and I was wondering what the best hookah bar in the city is. I realize that being in the Bible Belt and all that selection will be limited, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

JaBlue
05-05-2005, 06:25 AM
hookah bars are generally worn down crappy places that you will not find via google or the yellow pages. Your best bet is to call an old friend from home (or here I guess). OR you can just ask people that look like they would know where the hookah bar is.

KowCiller
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I've only lived in KC for less than 2 years so I'm not sure about the hookah bars...There are a few decent strip joints though. Bazookas downtown is pretty good. I've known a few execs at one of the big software companies who has paid some cash for extra services there, but I think it was "off the menu" so to speak. Obviously if you got the cash, money talks.

PM me if you want details on poker rooms in town.

KoW

chaas4747
05-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Don't go to Bazooka's or whatever it is, High cover, and no Booze. The Shady Lady is ok, kind of in a bad part of town, but it is OK. I know more about the KS side. Whispers in Bonner Springs is great. If you venture south, There are two on Highway 7.

astroglide
05-05-2005, 11:48 AM
i heard that you were kickin' up some capers
when i was off in kansas city, mo
i heard some things they couldn't print in papers
and from fellas who been talkin' like they know