PDA

View Full Version : Crypto now has micro limits

Fraubump
05-05-2005, 04:36 AM
.25/.5 in limit and as low as .15/.25 in nl.

This is good for relatively risk-free bonus clearance, but, like all micro, bad for winning players, as many weaker players will now play lower stakes. (what a different universe it would be if all online cardrooms has chosen to mimic B&M and had 3/6 be the smallest game spread--I guess micronization was inevitable, though)

Yobz
05-05-2005, 04:39 AM
I think people would be too scared to play 3/6 online, I think a lot of people would want to start off small...

This isn't bad, the whores will be playing lower limits now, the higher limits will loosen up IMO

Fraubump
05-05-2005, 04:56 AM
I know the arguments for the positive value of micro (introduces more players to the game, etc.), but, given the option, I'm moving to the alternate universe where 3/6 is the smallest game spread.

I predict that within a week there will be hardly any .5/1 nl games on crypto and those that there are will be tight (35% flop or lower).

Vavavoom
05-05-2005, 05:10 AM
I was waiting for the right time to move to $1/$2 NL....guess this is it....especially as the roll has just hit $5000.....

I may have to definitely install Party & skins as well and just go over to that big ol' aquarium.....

Petro
05-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Booooo! I hate this.

MadMat
05-05-2005, 05:54 AM
I'm playing at a .25/.50 table now, it's taking .05 rake at a dollar in the pot, if these count for bonus the cryptos just become a very easy whore!

Mat

lane mcbride
05-05-2005, 05:54 AM
wait... so does this mean you could clear the hourly bonus at william hill by just playing the microlimits?

MadMat
05-05-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wait... so does this mean you could clear the hourly bonus at william hill by just playing the microlimits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well theres nothing on thier site about it, so I've emailed interpoker support to ask (as I was halfway through that bonus anyhow!), I will post any reply in this thread!

Mat

didymus
05-05-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
load up 5 tables and play for 15 mins and see :P

lane mcbride
05-05-2005, 07:19 AM
I'm playing three... and nothing has happened yet. it's been a half hour since the first installment "should" have been there... could just be a lag though.

didymus
05-05-2005, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing three... and nothing has happened yet. it's been a half hour since the first installment "should" have been there... could just be a lag though.

[/ QUOTE ]Sometimes it does take awhile. You may also have to stand up from one of your tables for it to be added.

hicherbie
05-05-2005, 07:25 AM
im trying the same thing at will hill right now. im more interested if these tables will count for raked hands at the other sites.

Synergistic Explosions
05-05-2005, 07:30 AM
what a waste of five table hours. Made a whopping 3.50 at micro limits. Got all happy thinking I was then going to get the easiest bonus ever.

But it's a no go by all appearances.

.25/.50 games are just stupid stupid stupid

hicherbie
05-05-2005, 07:40 AM
yeah the hourly didnt work for me either, but i did win a nice 20 bucks at the quarter tables...

El Barto
05-05-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah the hourly didnt work for me either, but i did win a nice 20 bucks at the quarter tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see that they were not dumb enough to allow people to clear bonus at these new lower limits.

If they did, they would run into more instances where they are losing money (rake lower than bonus) and their reaction would have been to follow Carib Sun and InterPoker - raise the hands required.

Also, only counting 1/2 and above for bonus, it will keep people playing those limits - even the fish want to get a bonus.

They should announce this though, so they don't have a bunch of people complaining that they didn't know the lower limits don't count.

Rednax
05-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Carribean Sun's T&C state that hands must be played at $1-2 or higher to meet the bonus requirements.

Interpoker's T&C does not. However they do say "InterPoker reserves the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate a promotion at any time for any reason whatsoever, without notice to end users."

But they go on to say, "However, InterPoker will use reasonable efforts to provide advance notice to end users of any such modification, alteration, discontinuance or termination."

I'm not aware of any "reasonable efforts" they have made to "provide advance notice to end users of any such modification, alteration...."

fire_fly
05-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Wow, if what the consensus thinks here is true, the crytos just got a lot worse. I'm new to 1/2, and if all the sudden all the big fish drop down, then I'm just going to have that much harder of a time playing there.

The monthly bonii might not even be worth it now...

grjr
05-05-2005, 02:06 PM
I thought this was interesting line from Interpoker's faq about their Royal Flush bonus:

"For limit tables of $1/$2 and lower: 25% of the total prize will be distributed."

So according to this you would still get $125 for a Royal on a .25/.50 table. I sent them an email asking if the .25/.50 tables counted towards there raked hands but I haven't received an answer yet.

Fraubump
05-05-2005, 06:33 PM
As a public service, I cranked out 300 hands on pokerplex at micro. No bonus, though I made $25. Tables pretty wild.

mothra
05-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Can anyone confirm that they are still receiving their bonus(es) for play at $1/2 or higher?

riverhunter
05-06-2005, 02:04 PM
The following text is copied from their newsleter:

Please note that this slightly alters the ways you can clear your wagering requirement.

In order to clear your monthly $90 bonus in the poker room you will need to wager eight (8) times the bonus in raked hands.

For the purposes of a bonus a raked hand is a hand in which you are dealt cards and a rake of 25c or more is taken from the pot.

PoorLawyer
05-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I am excited that they didn't add any micro stud tables. Keeps all the retards at the 1/2 level /images/graemlins/smile.gif