PDA

View Full Version : Why don't RC and John Bond show us the proof!

Vincent Lepore
05-05-2005, 02:50 AM
Come on guys! "Show me the money!" RC was the Spokesman for a major online Poker site for a couple of years. According to Mason that has changed and he is no longer their mouthpiece. But for at least 2 years, as I understand it, he was the "site protector". He was the man that identified and banned "cheaters" from the site.

Now he, through "mouth piece" John Bond is up here on 2 + 2 espousing the rampant cheating that is occurring in online poker. Certainly RC does not need RG to help him with verifying the obvious enormity of the online cheating "problem". RC as "cheat catcher" on the poker site where he was previoulsy employed must have gobs and gobs of data that he used to identify the cheats that he has caught over the past 2 or so years. I mean if cheating is rampant and he is a cheat catcher he must have caught a lot (lots of) cheaters. No? So how many "Cheats" did you catch Roy (John feel free to answer for him as usual). Come on tell us. Did you ever catch Russ Georgiev cheating on your site?

I am going to give RC and JB time to answer but my guess is that he, they, have no proof of rampant cheating anywhere.

Vince

PairTheBoard
05-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Roy Cooke's own words:

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/?a_id=14638&m_id=65559

PairTheBoard

tpir90036
05-05-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't follow your logic:

- Person B says there is rampant on-line cheating in poker
- Person C used to do investigations for an on-line poker site.
- Person B and C are friends
Conclusion: Person C is responsible for backing up Person B's statements??

If you read Person C's articles he says that collusion is almost non-existent in low limit games and that he banned "hundreds" of cheaters over a 5-year span. That doesn't sound like a lot, does it? At what rate do you think people are banned from B&M cainos over a 5 year period?

I can't tell if you are doing this to call out someone with whom Mason had an argument or if you actually care about the issue. Hopefully it's more the latter than the former.

Vincent Lepore
05-05-2005, 02:48 PM
O.K I was hasty in my accusations. Below are just a few of the reasons I assumed that Roy cooke was claiming "rampant" cheating occurs in online poker. I blame John Bond even though I am responsible for my remarks. I think it's ok to stretch things in this case because Bond (not James, John, god and I love that line so much, "Bond, James Bond") uses his "Seahorse" identity to bolster his positions. But before you judge me too harshly please remember that the point of these threads is to discuss Cheating.

1. Re: Roy Cooke on Cheating and Cheaters

Seahorse:

1.Before 99%+ of the people playing on the Internet today logged on, RC was ferretting out and barring cheaters, working with programmers on algorithms and screens to identify them, sniffers and other client-based preventative measures, which were shared with others in the industry and have become standard.
2. RC is the only mainstream commentator in the industry standing on a soapbox screaming that there are problems with cheating in poker and if somebody doesn't do something about it we're going to be [censored]. He's been doing this at seminars, in coversations with management of both B&M and Internet operations extensively for the past year --- and most recently in
2 articles in CardPlayer. http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/writers/view/name/Roy_Cooke -- Nobody else has done more than he, more publicly more energetically, or more

2. Re: Roy Cooke on Cheating and Cheaters

John Bond: “Roy dismisses the cheating charges as irrelevant (while saying some indeed are true, others not) but validates many of Georgiev's comments on cheating on the Internet"
3. Re: Roy Cooke on Cheating and Cheaters

John Bond: “And I don't speak for him. But we do speak on the phone 3 or more times a week. We've been collaborating for almost 15 years.”

4. Can you provecheating? And so what?

John Bond:
I believe that is why so many thoughtful, intelligent writers have let the subject sit for so long. But that has, alas, resulted in cheating growing unchecked It’s time for the big players to take a stand. Not to prove past cheating but to prevent future cheating.

Vince