PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to make this call on the bubble?

Taraz
05-05-2005, 02:21 AM
$22 buy-in

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1555)
MP (t3450)
Button (t1410)
SB (t665)
Hero (t920)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t700

I think i made a big mistake.

What about this one? My preflop call was idiotic if i'm gonna lay this down, isn't it? The guy had just been minraising a lot and i figured i might be able to take it from him on the flop, but he pushed.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2245)
SB (t2795)
Hero (t2960)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t800</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t400.

Flop: (t1800) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Button bets all-in (~T2100), Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1800

In general what do I do against frequent minraises when I don't anything to call with and the blinds are high? When I finally pushed he had nothing, but he hit the flop. It just paralyzes my game when I'm not the aggressor and I have no idea what to do. Push any two possibly?

Nottom
05-05-2005, 02:48 AM
In Hand 1: You could try a stop and go if he is a frequent min-raiser, but I'd usually just go ahead and fold.

In hand 2: Your ITM, you have an OESD and 2 overcards and getting almost 2-1 with as many as 14 outs. This is a pretty easy call IMO, but you should be the one pushing (not sure of the action here, but if you are the BB you should be acting first which isn't showing).

lastchance
05-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Unless the other guy folds over 50% of the hands in hand #1, I don't see why you should raise there.

As for hand 2, if you call in the BB preflop, which I would probably fold, but that's probably too weak-tight, you absolutely have to push that board with an OESD + 2 overcards. Considering you have 2 overcards, I call as well.

david050173
05-05-2005, 03:11 AM
You have to make them pay for limping by raising. You either have to have a good hand or some FE. You can't call and hope to hit the flop. It doesn't happen enough.

One thing I don't understand is how you are letting the butttn and MP raise all in. You should be doing that. The second case is a pretty easy all in to me. The first one I probably would have folded preflop but there is no way if you put in almost half of you chips, you should be not be pushing the flop.

Big Limpin'
05-05-2005, 03:17 AM
Hand #1: Folding is cool. T720 and T520 are very different.
Hand #2: I would checkraise allin. Or, in this case , check call allin.

david050173
05-05-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1: Folding is cool. T720 and T520 are very different.
Hand #2: I would checkraise allin. Or, in this case , check call allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the checkraise here. On the check raise you are likely to have very little (or none) folding equity. If you push you will win the pot right away half the time and the other half you will likely be in a coinflip. That is a lot better than being in the coinflip all of the time. The only bet I can see the button folding would be a minibet and I am not sure about that.

flyby4553
05-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Hand 1 I'd fold

Hand 2 I'd push that flop myself but would still probably call if I checked.

john_
05-05-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In general what do I do against frequent minraises when I don't anything to call with and the blinds are high? When I finally pushed he had nothing, but he hit the flop. It just paralyzes my game when I'm not the aggressor and I have no idea what to do. Push any two possibly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in the second hand you should push the flop. You'll probably be a coinflip if he calls and he's going to fold to your bet enough of the time to make it profitable. Be aggressive here...