PDA

View Full Version : NL Playing against a Big Stack

addity
05-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Most people agreee the correct strategy is to not tango with the big stacks in the middle late stages of a tournament.

However, in Card Player Magazine Layne Flack is quoted in saying that he goes after the big stacks because they have more to lose.

I personally think it's an excellent idea, if executed well.

Thoughts?

MLG
05-04-2005, 10:23 PM
this only works if you are also a big stack. if that's the case, then yes attacking the big stack, while dangerous is also very very lucrative.

bugstud
05-04-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people agreee the correct strategy is to not tango with the big stacks in the middle late stages of a tournament.

However, in Card Player Magazine Layne Flack is quoted in saying that he goes after the big stacks because they have more to lose.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

completely depends on tourney structure.

EDIT plus table dynamics

invisibleleadsoup
05-05-2005, 03:41 AM
and whether you think you're better than the big stack
if its someone who clearly has fluked their way to a big stack with no idea what a kicker is go for it,but be aware of the inherent risk

Pepsquad
05-05-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

For Layne Flack, yes this is probably a very good strategy. For MOST poker players, I wouldn't suggest it.