PDA

View Full Version : $33 AJ Post Flop

Unarmed
05-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Bah...
I'm interested in the turn. Can I put villain on a flush draw enough of the time vs. a monster to raise here? The overbet threw me off.
Flop is standard (for me) and the river is a pretty clear fold.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t800)
SB (t800)
Hero (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)
CO (t800)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls t15, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t60) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100, UTG+2 folds, Button folds.

River: (t260) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t250</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t510

Sykes
05-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Bet the flop.

mosdef
05-04-2005, 09:27 PM
why NOT bet the flop?

Unarmed
05-04-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I look like some sort of noob that needs to hear that? I think I was pretty clear what sort of feedback I'm looking for.

Sykes
05-04-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I look like some sort of noob that needs to hear that? I think I was pretty clear what sort of feedback I'm looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes to your first question.

You're looking for the wrong feedback you weak-tightie.

Unarmed
05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes to your first question.

You're looking for the wrong feedback you weak-tightie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh...
Assume you misclicked the flop and checked. What do you do on the turn? Let me guess...push?

Matt R.
05-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Why would he bet 100 into a 60 pot with a made hand? If he has a straight or a set I would expect a value bet of 40-50. However, with it still being level 1 and all 10 player still in, you likely still have a couple of retards in there -- so it's possible that he doesn't know how to value bet a monster and is just picking a number he likes. More often though, I think he has 2 spades in his hand or he has a jack and missed his checkraise on the flop. I would be more inclined to think he has the spades. I think you're usually ahead on the turn given the action and can safely raise it up.

twoplustwosux
05-04-2005, 10:17 PM
On the turn why put him on a monster or a flush draw? The flop was checked. That could be his only reason for betting the turn. I would have raised.

microbet
05-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey, you are only supposed to be referring people to other sites. Don't comment on hands.

The Yugoslavian
05-04-2005, 11:44 PM
FWIW I like your line. I think you're ahead most of the time on the turn and can even possibly extract some extra chips when his flush/straight doesn't hit (but bets into you anyway).

Checking the flop is fine -&gt; good, IMO....but you could also bet it for some value if you wanted to I guess.

Oh, and I don't really like raising the turn here at all....if you're beat, you want a showdown for cheap. If he is on a draw, the only way to 'price him out' is to risk too many chips for this pot. A small value raise (since you rate to be ahead) on the turn makes the pot difficult to get away from or play correctly on the river. Very few opponents will be capable to put in that turn raise and river raise without anything here...

If you have notes that say he's a moronic habitual bullier/bluffer, throw in a min-raise on the turn and call his allin, /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav