PDA

View Full Version : Scuba is scared

Phil Van Sexton
05-04-2005, 09:22 PM
After reading this (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?t=11498&highlight=) , I figured I'd challenge Scuba to a $25NL freezeout. I might've even posted the results like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=1614376&fpar t=&PHPSESSID=) .

Sadly Scuba claims to be too busy to play. Last night he ducks me in Omaha, now this.

I only have a couple hours, so I can't wait for him. Anyone else want to play a freeze-out tonight for $25?

gumpzilla
05-04-2005, 09:27 PM
I can't tonight, but I'd love to take you up on this offer sometime soon if it stands more generally. Stars an okay location for you?

Phil Van Sexton
05-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I was going just open a private 25NL on party, but I'm flexible. If I don't lose interest by the next time I'm on, I'm not opposed to stars.

Voltron87
05-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I'll play you tonight phil. give me a shout.

Phil Van Sexton
05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
sent pm.

If anyone is bored enough to watch, pm me for the table/password.

Voltron87
05-04-2005, 09:45 PM
voltron wins the first game, making short work of PVS.

Phil Van Sexton
05-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Game 1: not gangster.

Voltron87
05-04-2005, 09:51 PM
what did you have when I had the diamond flush?

Logik
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I'll play you if you transfer $25 to me. If I win, I'll transfer all the money back (the money you transfered me and the money I won). If I lose, it was your money anyway. 0 EV for both of us, but this is only if you need a player.

Degen
05-04-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll play you if you transfer $25 to me. If I win, I'll transfer all the money back (the money you transfered me and the money I won). If I lose, it was your money anyway. 0 EV for both of us, but this is only if you need a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the stupidest thing i have ever read.

Andre

Voltron87
05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
voltron takes game two when pvs bluffs a queen high all in into voltrons kings up.

Me 2 PVS 0.

This one was twice as long... 30 hands. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Logik
05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the stupidest thing i have ever read.

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? The point of this is hand analysis, not penis waving. Isn't the purpose of this post to analyze each hand played?

Freudian
05-04-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why? The point of this is hand analysis, not penis waving. Isn't the purpose of this post to analyze each hand played?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he has no problems finding people, that has real money, to play against.

And it wouldn't be 0 EV for him if he is financing both you and him.

Logik
05-04-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he has no problems finding people, that has real money, to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the rake, it would. The OP seemed like he wanted to play someone for the referenced analysis post. Anyway, carry on.

Freudian
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the rake, it would. The OP seemed like he wanted to play someone for the referenced analysis post. Anyway, carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he wanted to play for entertainment. Thus someone he knows and someone who has money seems more suitable.

Besides with your method there is no need for any transfer, just pick a play money table.

Freudian
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he wanted to play for entertainment. Thus someone he knows and someone who has money seems more suitable.

Voltron87
05-04-2005, 10:25 PM
PVS wins the 4th round to save face and keep the score at 3-1. voltron bluffed too much into PVS after already establishing an aggro image, and was on too short a stack to do so. The plays were semi correct, just hard to pull off with 14$ and PVS at 30$. Especially when after pf and flop betting you have 9$ behind. This was a large change from other times, when voltron bluff PVS out of large pots with no pair. 4 straight times... /images/graemlins/grin.gif
gg pvs.

Phil Van Sexton
05-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, that hurt me.

To summarize:
Game 1:
-I lose some with top pair to flush
-I lose more with pointless bluffs
-I move allin with 99, run into QQ

Game 2:
-I lose whole stack with pointless bluffs.

Game 3:
-I lose 1/2 stack with pointless bluffs.
-I move allin with JJ and run into AK

Game 4:
-Voltron doubles me up when I flop trip 3s.
-I win with Brunson (T2o) on 8525A board by calling Voltron's pointless river bluff.

I knew my bad play would affect him eventually.

Oh well, I guess we should've played Omaha.

Voltron87
05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
i badly misplayed game 4. I played like i had the 3-1 chiplead. pvs could call an all in with 10 2 on a 2557A board since he had me so bad. i was also a little cocky from a few big no pair bluffs earlier.

zaphod
05-04-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, that hurt me.

To summarize:
Game 1:
-I lose some with top pair to flush
-I lose more with pointless bluffs
-I move allin with 99, run into QQ

Game 2:
-I lose whole stack with pointless bluffs.

Game 3:
-I lose 1/2 stack with pointless bluffs.
-I move allin with JJ and run into AK

Game 4:
-Voltron doubles me up when I flop trip 3s.
-I win with Brunson (T2o) on 8525A board by calling Voltron's pointless river bluff.

I knew my bad play would affect him eventually.

Oh well, I guess we should've played Omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the pointless bluff play is not winning any of you a lot of money.

The Yugoslavian
05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno...what the cameras don't show is the *in between* bluffing to set up the pointless bluffing that doesn't work.

Yeah?

Yugoslav

Phil Van Sexton
05-04-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno...what the cameras don't show is the *in between* bluffing to set up the pointless bluffing that doesn't work.

Yeah?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

If only my strategy were that advanced.

I probably should've put some thought into the format too. Playing at a private 25NL was pretty dumb since the rake was much more than we'd have to pay at a PS heads up tourney.

We were both too proud to be blinded off, so each match basically ended after someone lost a couple hands and then went allin as a bluff or with a good hand that was up against another good hand.

I probably lose in any format, but I think the match would've been more interesting if we had 1 good game rather than 4 quick turbos.

The Yugoslavian
05-04-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If only my strategy were that advanced.

I probably should've put some thought into the format too. Playing at a private 25NL was pretty dumb since the rake was much more than we'd have to pay at a PS heads up tourney.

We were both too proud to be blinded off, so each match basically ended after someone lost a couple hands and then went allin as a bluff or with a good hand that was up against another good hand.

I probably lose in any format, but I think the match would've been more interesting if we had 1 good game rather than 4 quick turbos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, yeah, playing that on Party is ridiculous....Stars I've heard (and it sounds like) has a much better way to set up private low stakes tables for this sort of thing.

My friend and I once went HU limit for like $25 each or something...he broke me and won like $2..../images/graemlins/grin.gif.

He also lived 10 minutes away....we both felt pretty f*ckin stupid.

Yugoslav