PDA

View Full Version : am i retarded?

modernmess
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
sorry i forgot to save the HH so no bison converter.

$10 UB SNG, about the 6th hand. I am one off the button, all fold to me and I hold 99.
I bet pot (70), SB reraises to around 220?, BB calls, I call. (Yes this is a fairly loose call for me, but i have reasons...kinda)

FLOP: K 10 9 all spades.
SB and BB check to me. Pot is around 700. I push all-in for 1200 scared of a higher set.
Is this an idiot play?

(since this was only the 7th han i had no real read on anyone, except that it is a $10 sng so most of the players arent good until proven otherwise)

kiffl
05-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I wouldnt push, you probably still have the best hand. I'd bet between 350-400.

gumpzilla
05-04-2005, 09:25 PM
If you're scared of a higher set, why are you pushing, exactly? Or do you just mean that you think the only things that will call you are higher sets?

I actually think pushing here isn't bad. That's an incredibly scary board for a set. I think you'll get called by a reasonably wide range of hands here, since I don't think people are going to give you credit for having a flush or straight right now, and I think once they think that they aren't going to give you credit for as much hand as a set. I also think that way too many cards make it hard to continue on the turn, so you need to make a pretty good bet on the flop to defend, and making a large bet is going to pot commit you. So no, I don't think pushing is bad.

Freudian
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't mind a push. Pot is big enough as it is, and the board is very scary with both flush and straightdraws. If someone calls thats also fine (providing they don't have a higher set, which is not all that likely).