PDA

View Full Version : I have never met a good person who drives a BMW.

Uglyowl
05-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Everyone I have ever met that drives a BMW is just a complete soccer parent fool who thinks they are awesome.

For example there are only three executives at our company. Two driver BMW's and are arrogant and just not good people. The guy who doesn't is cool and down to earth.

shadow29
05-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Anecdotes are dumb.

YourFoxyGrandma
05-04-2005, 09:09 PM
My favorite english teacher in high school drove a BMW. He was an awesome guy.

Homer
05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone I have ever met that drives a black Jetta is just a complete frat boy prick or sorority whore who thinks they are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

kerssens
05-04-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone I have ever met that drives a black Jetta is just a complete frat boy prick or sorority whore who thinks they are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MSN had a little article on a while ago called..."Are Jetta drivers pricks?"

BWebb
05-04-2005, 09:14 PM
My initials are BMW, what does that say about me?

stabn
05-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Small sample size.

I know several all around good people that drive BMW's. Sure, they like their starbucks but that doesn't make them assholes.

lu_hawk
05-04-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone I have ever met that drives a BMW is just a complete soccer parent fool who thinks they are awesome.

For example there are only three executives at our company. Two driver BMW's and are arrogant and just not good people. The guy who doesn't is cool and down to earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

i drive an m3 and i am pretty fricking awesome.

oljumpstart
05-04-2005, 09:49 PM
I feel the same way about people who drive Saabs.

istewart
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My initials are BMW, what does that say about me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I [censored] love your avatar, HAHAHAHA.

steveyz
05-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Q: What's the different between a BMW and a porcupine?

A: a porcupine has pricks on the outside

Evan
05-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I know people that drive both of these cars, none of them are pricks. Maybe I need a bigger sample.

NLSoldier
05-04-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mcb
05-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Very true.

crosse91
05-04-2005, 11:12 PM
i can show you one if you give me a bmw.

MoreWineII
05-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't think it's really the make or model, it's how much people spend on their cars. I think some people go waaaay overboard.

And I think for the most part, those people tend to be fairly shallow. As most people who crave attention usually are.

Enough generalizations there? Good.

Dead
05-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Your sample size is too small.

Felix_Nietsche
05-04-2005, 11:55 PM
On the radio show "Car Guys", the two car experts have similiar opinions towards people who drive BMWs. I forget the guys names but one is an Italian name and they also have a syndicated news column....

PoBoy321
05-05-2005, 12:04 AM
My mom drives a BMW and I will [censored] kill you.

peachy
05-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Im a good person and i drive a BMW /images/graemlins/frown.gif wtf!!

Dead
05-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Tom and Ray Magliozzi you mean?

Tron
05-05-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My grandma drives a BMW and I will [censored] kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbt0ne
05-05-2005, 01:02 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as I upgrade the Jetta to the A4 I'm cool though. Right? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Klepton
05-05-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My mom drives a BMW and I will [censored] kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick Nebiolo
05-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Andy Fox superstar drives a giant, fantastic looking BMW. Other than being a leftest/liberal, he is a great guy.

That said, in my limited experience there may be a correlation there, albeit slight.

~ Rick

daveymck
05-05-2005, 05:37 AM
I think I am ok and I am onto my 3rd BMW.

Blarg
05-05-2005, 06:08 AM
The more money you get, the greater tendency there is to withdraw into your own self-regard.

The worst drivers I see on the road are Mercedes drivers. Mercedes and Porsches are by far the cars I see most often in the handicapped spots. And it's not because being handicapped means you've hit some secret lottery nobody else knows about.

rt1
05-05-2005, 07:15 AM
i drive a bmw and i am an [censored]. i win.

purnell
05-05-2005, 09:36 AM
This thread is absurd in it's entirety, which makes it funny as [censored].

If a person views a car as more than a tool, it's a fashion thing. As I have said before, fashion is a waste of time.
In this case it is a waste of money as well. Nothing reliable can be inferred from the use of a BMW other than a certain level of wealth.

BeerMoney
05-05-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love all the rich kids at southern schools who just end up buying expensive cars with that much needed scholarship money.

As long as I upgrade the Jetta to the A4 I'm cool though. Right? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

davelin
05-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Insightful

Slow Play Ray
05-05-2005, 10:27 AM
One of my good buddies just bought a 330ci. He's a great guy - kind, polite, intelligent, honest, humble, flat out one of the nicest people I've ever met - he says he kind of feels like a tool for driving a BMW (specifically because of rash generalizations like this), but the fact is, he just appreciates nice cars...

mmbt0ne
05-05-2005, 11:28 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love all the rich kids at southern schools who just end up buying expensive cars with that much needed scholarship money.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I deathly sorry for spending my money from interning for a semester on a car that's too expensive. Please, accept my apology on behalf of all rich, southern kids who earn scholarships.

ripdog
05-05-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. If you're gonna judge people by the cars they drive, and I do, you should base it on how fawking stupid they had to be to buy the piece of crap in the first place. Are they driving a Peugot? A Ford Aerostar/Windstar? Any Mitsubishi or Isuzu product? You might be looking at an idiot. Or you might be looking at someone who could only afford one of these pieces of crap. Or the car was left to them by a newly dead family member. OK, the car really says nothing about the person in that way. However, the BMW emblem means absolutely nothing until you get up into the 700 series and above. All models below this are overrated crap.

B Dids
05-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I know 4 people who drive BWMs. 1 is a dick, one is one of the nicest people I know, and the other two are cool.

It's the Jetta drives that I suspect, 'cause I always felt like Jettas were for people who wanted Beamers and couldn't afford them.

Voltron87
05-05-2005, 11:50 AM
a lot of the 700 series is unreliable crap. the idrive system is a joke.

Paluka
05-05-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know 4 people who drive BWMs. 1 is a dick, one is one of the nicest people I know, and the other two are cool.

It's the Jetta drives that I suspect, 'cause I always felt like Jettas were for people who wanted Beamers and couldn't afford them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and my wife own a Jetta, and we can afford a BMW.

B Dids
05-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Hmm...

It's a good thing I e-know you and have a good read that you're good people's of I would be very confused by this information.

I never understood sedans. I drove/lusted after only sports cars and trucks.

astroglide
05-05-2005, 03:16 PM
i can afford a bmw too and i could afford one when i bought my jetta. i drive a BLACK 2003.5 gli vr6 6-speed with BLACK leather seats. when i was buying it years ago the 3 major contenders against it were an audi a4 1.8, a bmw 330xi, and a subaru wrx. didn't get the audi because of lagging reliability issues from the engine coil fiasco and less desirable engine for a higher price. didn't get the subaru because the interior was crappy and i didn't want a stoplight racer perception. didn't get the bmw because it was too 'professional' for my age and lifestyle and i would rather buy the best of the upper-middle than the lowest of the high.

i also don't fit the frat boy perception (is that a common one?) by a mile. didn't go to college, and life-wise i'm not anything close to that. 100% computers and games. but i can be a jaded prick.

sfer
05-05-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and my wife own a Jetta, and we can afford a BMW.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys leave the city a lot? There's a lot to be said about having a (relatively) inexpensive car in the city that you don't have to fret over when parking on the street.

Sorry I missed you guys the other day.