PDA

View Full Version : Neteller 101

LeVoodoo
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
A few very basic questions about neteller, I know they have been covered before and I did search - which answered many of my other questions - but it's always easier to understand something when it is directed at you.

Does it usually cost money to transfer money from neteller to a poker site (Party Poker & Poker Room)?
Does it usually cost money to transfer money from a poker site to your neteller account?
And for the Canadians, if I withdraw funds in USD from my neteller account and have them wired to my CDN bank account, who will handle the conversion? Will neteller convert my USD funds before sending, or will my bank convert to CDN funds once it hits my account? (I have a USD account).

Much obliged.

47outs
05-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Neteller does the currency exchange and it sucks. If you play on pary or a skin just cashout using their canadain bank account option. It's 1.9% better than Netellers'.

As for funds going from poker site to neteller... no fees for you... the poker site pays hidden fees (hidden from us).

As for funds going from neteller to poker site... no fees for you... the poker site pays hidden fees (hidden from us).

outs

JohnnyHumongous
05-04-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller does the currency exchange and it sucks. If you play on pary or a skin just cashout using their canadain bank account option. It's 1.9% better than Netellers'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can one move money from poker sites to Neteller and then to Party in order to cash out without paying the 1.9% fee?

afk
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can one move money from poker sites to Neteller and then to Party in order to cash out without paying the 1.9% fee?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... you don't pay any of the fees when using Neteller to transfer around between sites. I just moved a couple hundred bucks from neteller to party and then used party's cashout option. It worked just fine.

LeVoodoo
05-04-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it does suck.
I'm guessing one could avoid the hefty fees by opening a USD account and withdrawing to that?

TimsterToo
05-05-2005, 07:35 AM
I made the mistake of opening my Neteller account in Euros so I had to pay exchange every time I went from a poker site to Neteller and vice versa.

I changed it to us$ so I only have to pay exchange when I want to cash out to my account so it's definately worth opening an account in us$ if you're going to transfer back and forth to different sites.