PDA

View Full Version : hitting a set on monochrome flop

Frogistador
05-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Super Qualifier NL $20+2 SnG. 1st place: $150 entry fee which is most of the prize money, so finishing 1st is the only goal.

6 players left, $50/$100 blinds. Big stack has maybe $2500.

Loose player in EP (stack = 1400) raises $100, Big stack folds, I call with pocket 9h9s (stack = 1100), 1 fold, loose SB (stack = 700) calls, big blind folds.

Pot=$350

Flop is scary Q 9 4, all clubs, but giving me a set of 9s.

SB bets $100,
EP calls,
I raise to $350,
both call.

Pot=$1400

Turn is 2 of spades.

SB checks,
EP checks,
I bet $400, both call.

Pot=$2600

River is a brick.

SB checks,
BB checks,
I'm all in...

In an SnG, mid levels, with only 2 players in the pot besides me, I would never credit my opponents for flopping a flush and I would gladly call an all in on the flop.

I was a little confused by my opponents both calling my flop raise. Hence, my turn bet which may be foolish, since it (almost) gives my opponents odds to call (and good implied odds) if they're on a flush draw. But I was trying to extract the most from my opponents and at the same time I was a bit worried somebody did have the flush.

Anyhoo, what would you do on the flop and turn?

Please avoid replying with only a discussion on the pre-flop play or I will burn your house down, kick your dog, insult your wife and rip out the starting hands recommendations page from your SSH book.

thanks in advance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stupidsucker
05-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Im going to listen to some S&G

Phoenix1010
05-04-2005, 08:34 PM
I might be reading it wrong, but did you have 650 on the turn, and bet 400? Planning on saving that 250 in case the club falls? Just push and add to your folding equity. The flop looked fine I think. I like to play sets fast in these situations. There's a lot to be said for flat calling and keeping the pot small though.