PDA

View Full Version : Hockey fans - Can you believe this kid ?

sourbeaver
05-04-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/amazinggoal.html

IggyWH
05-04-2005, 07:02 PM
That was sick...

Not as sick though when that first college kid scooped the puck up from behind the net and threw it in.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
That was pretty sweet, but I'd like to see it done in a game. Hockey players do this [censored] all the time in practice. I'm a fan of the play mentioned above where the player picked up the puck behind the net and wrapped it around and in the goal - in a game. That was a U of Michigan player, by the way.

istewart
05-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Pwned.

Chairman Wood
05-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Awesome but it's been posted here 3 times already.

JMP300z
05-04-2005, 07:09 PM
I remember one on espn where the guy shot it off the back glass, off the goalies back, and in...

but this is still pretty sweet.

-JP

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-04-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember one on espn where the guy shot it off the back glass, off the goalies back, and in...

[/ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of a goal I scored with an assist from my best friend in a tournament somewhere in Minnesota about 10-ish years ago. I was out front on the hash marks, he was standing behind the net with the puck. Both defensemen went for him, one from each side, so he had no way to go, but I was all by myself in front of the net. He flipped the puck over the goal and it couldn't have landed any more perfectly right on my tape. I didn't quite one-time it, but just about, and I put it clean under the goalie's glove arm. The goalie was completely lost. It was pretty sweet.

BreakfastBurrito
05-04-2005, 07:40 PM
That was Brendan Morrison, turned into a pretty good NHL player with Vancouver.

IggyWH
05-04-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NHL

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that?

randomfish
05-04-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was sick...

Not as sick though when that first college kid scooped the puck up from behind the net and threw it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Legg. Later repeated by young phenom Sidney Crosby playing his first year in canadian junior (and he did it a bit faster and flashier too).

Gamblor
05-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Brett Hull did that in an NHL game.

Gamblor
05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
is the one who scored that, it was actually in the Colts' skills competition if I recall, it was TSN's highlight of the night. He's playing for the Erie Otters now. (It's very possible that the audio for that clip, which describes what happened, was included but I just didn't get it on my computer for some reason)

90% of NHLers have far sicker moves than that, you just never see them in a game.

The Leafs once practiced at my team's home arena before one of our practices and in those moments in between when its your turn to run a drill, they pull some of the craziest [censored] just goofing around with each other.

fluxrad
05-04-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was sick...

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?

This is about ten times more skillfull than that shot. This guy did the same thing, but through his legs and spinning. Granted, this wasn't in a game but it's hella harder. Some guys at drop-in a couple of weeks ago were trying it and could barely get the puck to stick on the flip-up. (These were guys that could easily do the shot that kid from Michigan did).

Also...the sickest shot I've actually seen in the NHL was from last years' Avs-Sharks playoffs when Cheechoo scored that throuh-the-legs redirect to beat both Rob Blake and David Aibischer. That goal wasn't ridiculous...it was ricockulous.

randomfish
05-05-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also...the sickest shot I've actually seen in the NHL was from last years' Avs-Sharks playoffs when Cheechoo scored that throuh-the-legs redirect to beat both Rob Blake and David Aibischer. That goal wasn't ridiculous...it was ricockulous.

[/ QUOTE ]

That goal was sweet. Another great one from last season was Peter Schaefer barreling down the right wing in pursuit of the puck, goalie storms out of the crease to cover it, Schaefer leans forward and flips it right over the diving goalie, dodges around him, then whacks the puck out of mid-air into the now empty net.

Wes ManTooth
05-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Mario Lemieux first did this.