PDA

View Full Version : Blatant cheating, not in the game, what do you do?

11-21-2002, 01:49 PM
You're waiting for your name to be called, looking around the room, and in one of the games, you see a player blatantly and consistently craning his neck around a neighbor to see his cards ("sneak a peek" doesn't begin to do this justice).

None of the other players seem to care/notice, nor does the dealer.

What's the play here?

pudley4
11-21-2002, 03:05 PM
Mention it to a floor person

D.J.
11-21-2002, 07:27 PM
I'm going to make the A-hole response and say that players need to protect their cards, I won't go out of my way to look, but if a player is not protecting his cards holding them too high, or flashing them and I can see them, I'm going to take advantage. In your case, I would say stay out of it, I don't think it's your place to do or say anything, you would just be causing future trouble for later on.

-D.J.

Clarkmeister
11-22-2002, 04:50 AM
I agree. My policy is if you are sitting next to me, I give one warning. Iif I can still see your cards after the warning, I can and will use that information.

11-22-2002, 02:39 PM
I agree, but in this case, we're talking about a player leaning back and over to the side, like a schoolkid would do to look at a neighbor's paper or something.

Bob T.
11-22-2002, 04:56 PM
I think you have to tell the floor here. The player who is peeking, is not just taking advantage of the player who isn't protecting their cards properly, they are also taking advantage of the rest of the table, because they have additional information that the rest of the table doesn't.

It seems likely that anyone who would resort to this, probably doesn't have the capability to use the information properly, but that still doesn't mean that they should have access to it.

Also, anyone this blatant about this activity, probably is also doing other things that need to be watched.

Anyone doing this, probably is going to be a contributor monetarily, but I think we have to consider the perception of other players who see this behavior, and see that it was allowed to continue, and how that reflects on the game, and on the room it occured in.

Good Luck,
Play Well,

Bob T.