PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Trip Report (longish)

asdtexas
05-04-2005, 05:32 PM
I was in town this week to do a lecture and took an extra day to play some of the new rooms as well as some of my old favorites.

Some observations:

The MGM is an excellent room for low to mid limit action. It is very well designed, spacious and ergonomically friendly with an adjacent deli, electronic paging system and plenty of space between tables. They offer $1 per hr comps up to $10 per day. The action is very soft. I played $4-8 since they did not have $10-$20 in the morning. My opinion is that this room and Mandalay Bay are the nicest low to mid limit rooms on the South end of the Strip.

The Wynn is very much like the Bellagio, but seems smaller. The tables are packed too close together. The games are decent with the Bellagio 4-8, 8-16, 15-30 structure. I don't really like this room for some reason. If you want to play mid-limit (15-30+), the Bellagio is probably still the best choice. One interesting note is that Wynn uses $2 chips. This makes sense for $8-$16 and I have always wondered why $2 chips are not used by the Bellagio.

The Mirage is still a favorite. It is a well run room, but may get pinched by the Wynn and Bellagio middle limit war. I hope they adjust through some type of comp system and enhanced service to regular players.

I was booked at the Flamingo and played in the room for the first time. The play is soft with some decent locals. The action in the NL $1-$2 game makes this an option from an earnings view. The accoutrements are average, but the service is good and they try very hard.

Mandalay Bay is a great room for low limit and $1-2 NL action. They have decent comps if you ask, soft games and very nice tables that are spread far apart. On an off topic note, the waitresses are very nice.

Unless you want to play high, Mandalay Bay and MGM are excellent overall choices. The renovations at Bellagio seem nice, but I did not make it during the evening to see how crowded it is. Notwithstanding, I still think this is the best room for mid and high limit games.

On a closing note, it seems that Stud is dead in LV. Wynn and Bellagio can get $20-40 going, but there is no mid limit stud running regularly even at Mirage. I was told that the Mirage $10-20 is a weekend only affair. This is too bad because I personally like to play something different occasionally.

Clarkmeister
05-04-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Mirage....... It is a well run room, but may get pinched by the Wynn and Bellagio middle limit war. I hope they adjust through some type of comp system and enhanced service to regular players.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's funny.

BeerMoney
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On an off topic note, the waitresses are very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

How on earth is this offtopic? Nice post otherwise! Sorry to hear the stud action sucks so much. I think all it takes to convert some one to stud is to have them go on a run of cards for 30 minutes, and they won't look back to hold em.

vulturesrow
05-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Care to expand on that for us non-locals? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Photoc
05-04-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mandalay Bay is a great room for low limit and $1-2 NL action. They have decent comps if you ask, soft games and very nice tables that are spread far apart. On an off topic note, the waitresses are very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I knew, Mandalay doesn't have 1/2 NL. They have 2/4 NL with 200 min/max buy in. I haven't been there in a few weeks though, so I could be wrong. And yes, their waitresses are hot.

SinCityGuy
05-05-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Care to expand on that for us non-locals? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img184.echo.cx/img184/47/soupkitchen1tf.jpg