PDA

View Full Version : Playing in my weak tighty whities

jon_1van
05-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Table was ridiolously weak passive....so I figured I'd join in.

6th?
7th?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___double bets
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

5th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

6th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

River

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets

BeerMoney
05-04-2005, 06:46 PM
How would you feel if you got raised? I'd trust he has it, but not enough to fold. Of course, the fact an 8 is out makes it more unlikely he has trips, but I probably would have forgetten about that..

Andy B
05-05-2005, 01:59 AM
I think you did good.

SittingBull
05-05-2005, 05:10 AM
2 PRS on 6th---He has the case 8---betting a set of 8's.
He sucked out on U!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif
HappyPokering,
SittingBull

lstream
05-05-2005, 11:47 AM
With a dead 8, there is a good chance that this guy just has two pair. Lots of players at these tables won't put you on trip 7's, even with the double bet. With that said, I would have played it the same way, given your description of the table. If he indeed just had the two pair, I would make a player note and not necessarily give him credit the next time.

Michael Emery
05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Looks good to me.

Mike Emery

CarlosChadha
05-07-2005, 02:25 AM
Hi Bull,

Don't encourage people to be weak passive! A weak passive player will CERTAINLY limp in on 3rd, trying to be sneaking, and then call 4th and 5th hoping to hit his 2 pair or trips, only to have them not be good when he hits. With that being said, calling here is okay because he might have a full house or trips, and you don't want to see a 3 bet. I recommend raising on the river instead, because you get the same number of bets in when you have him beat, but when you are behind, he won't 3 bet the river without a full house because your raise (along with your paired doorcard) will make him think that you just filled. You can pretty safely fold to a 3 bet here (as long as he hasn't seen you make an delicate laydowns in the past) because there is zero chance that a weak/passive player (or any type of non-maniac player, really) will going to bluff 3 bet vs your "obvious" full house.

Regards,
Carlos

Regards,
Carlos