PDA

View Full Version : My first 500 SNGs at a level. Thoughts and stuff.

kyro
05-04-2005, 05:04 PM
So I finally hit 500 SNGs at the 55s today. Took me just over 2 months. Interesting story about myself, (OK, interesting may be pushing it but bear with me.)

I started playing for real money about a year ago. I deposited $50 into Party, and lost it in about 2-3 months. Fair enough, I would have to learn how to win by playing at lower limits. So I deposited $50 more at PokerStars. I did OK there, I had built it up playing SNGs and the NL tables, but nothing major. Then I caught a break. I was playing in a $10MTT (with a $150 bankroll no less) and took 2nd place for a $800 payday. This was huge for me. I played off this for quite sometime until the end of December, where I cashed out $300 and put it into Party, hoping this BR would be enough. And it almost wasn't. Through January it slowly fell, and by early Feburary, it had fallen to $70. Then I went on a rush. I was winning at everything I sat down at, limit, NL, SNGs, you name it.

A friend of mine convinced me to try out the SNGs seriously, with a strategy that was being widely talked about. I gave the 22s a shot when my BR hit $600, and I haven't looked back.

Late February, with a BR of $2000, I decided to move up to the 55s. It couldn't have gone better. I've made about $6K in 3 months playing semi-regularly. This has been huge for me, and I finally reached the milestone of 500 SNGs at a given level. My goal is to continue at the 55s throughout the summer and to build a bankroll for the 109s. I'm sure with the great advice I've received from a certain 2+2er, as well as all the posts here, I will be able to do that and win.

So...here are my stats. A brag post if you will, although apparently this kind of winrate isn't sustainable /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SNGs: 500
ROI: 20.7%
ITM: 39.0%

1st: 73
2nd: 55
3rd: 67
4th: 67
5th: 66
6th: 62
7th: 44
8th: 40
9th: 17
10th: 9

ROI for my...

First 100: -.91%
Second 100: 30%
Third 100: 30.3%
Fourth 100: 30%
Fifth 100: 13.6%

By the way. First moving up sucks. 20 buy-in drops when you first move up sucks. I really need to give a certain 2+2er here mad props for listening to all my incessant whining about how unlucky I was, and how maybe I wasn't a winning player. I swear, it'll be much less frequent now that I have confidence in myself. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Yugoslavian
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Nice! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just realize those numbers are basically worthless and meaningless...keep reviewing HHs and don't settle for crappy plays you make.

Keep on keepin' on.

Yugoslav

Blarg
05-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Nice, man. It was like reading a spy novel, LOL. I wonder if there's an internet equivalent to poisoned paper, like in Name of the Rose or something.