PDA

View Full Version : Hood's SNG Tracker bubble stats question

Blarg
05-04-2005, 04:40 PM
I notice in Hood's SNG tracker two stats relating to bubble play.

The first is "ITM from bubble." The second is "bubble % +/-.

I'm not sure what the second one means. Can anyone clue me in please? I want to feed my stat addiction.

hedgeyerbets
05-04-2005, 05:03 PM
When you're on the bubble, you would expect to finish itm 75% of the time if you assumed that chips sizes upon reaching the bubble were random. If you finish ITM 85% from the bubble, you'd then gte +10%, 65% would be -10%.

Blarg
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Ah, I see. Thank you!

I guess this means that if your second figure is greater than 75%, it would tend to indicate, over a large sample size at least, that your bubble play is relatively strong, and that a figure of less than 75% would tend to indicate that your bubble play needs work.

Hmm, guess my bubble play needs work!

dfscott
05-04-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, I see. Thank you!

I guess this means that if your second figure is greater than 75%, it would tend to indicate, over a large sample size at least, that your bubble play is relatively strong, and that a figure of less than 75% would tend to indicate that your bubble play needs work.

Hmm, guess my bubble play needs work!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but not necessarily. My bubble % is less than 75% because I play very aggressively on the bubble. It means I get more 4ths than 3rds, but also more 2nds and 1sts.

Blarg
05-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Ouch. When you put it that way, it makes the stat seem irredeemably worthless.