PDA

View Full Version : Poker Talk Radio

David Steele
05-04-2005, 04:31 PM
I just heard on our local sports station that
they have a poker talk show going Team1040 (http://www.team1040.ca/info_Programschedule.php)
Sunday at 10pm.

One host is well known to many middle limit internet players.

D.

jasonHoldEm
05-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Black text on a grey background, you crazy canucks... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sounds cool though, there is a link to listen to it over the web so I'll check it out next week.

Thanks,
J

skp
05-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Interesting tidbit, David. Good to see Adam Schwartz get some limelight. I think I may have to call in ask him what I should do with AK when I miss...heh

Tuco
05-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey David.

The show is fun, been going three weeks now. Past shows are atchived at my site. We will be trying to move to a better time slot eventually, if we have any kind of success.

This week we have Josh Arieh, poker author David Apostolico and another guest we are working on. Barry Greenstein and Phil Hellmuth are others that will be on in the coming weeks.

Adam.

skp
05-05-2005, 02:40 AM
good grief...anyone but that overrated Hellmuth...BTW, good website, bud.

Zeno
05-05-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just heard on our local sports station that
they have a poker talk show going

[/ QUOTE ]

This, as any student of the perpetual idiocy of humanity could see instantly, was inevitable. I don't whether to laugh or... well, scream. Perhaps a screaming laugh would be most appropriate.

Le Misanthrope

Tuco
05-05-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good grief...anyone but that overrated Hellmuth...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I agree. Kind of trapped between what I know and what the people who listen want to hear. Lets just say after his reply i'm not going to go too far out of my way to hound him for an interview.

OTOH, Barry G has been a class act so far in emails we have exchanged. Really looking forward to having him on. So much to talk about with him.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, good website, bud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Lots still to do to. Really going to go after the instruction angle. Tip section will be the main focus.

How you doin? Can we get our yearly golf game up at Westwood in this year? Been crazy around here with new baby and show and everything, but still would like to get in a round or two this year. Ive played twice so far in 2005. Shot 75 and 92. Hows that for consistency?

Hope all is well with the family. Dont need to ask about poker. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adam.

skp
05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I 'll try and get us a round at Westwood this summer. Golf has taken a back seat in my life for the past 3 years; I only play about 5 or 6 rounds a year now. I now play cricket on the weekends. With work, cricket, poker, my lust for sleep, and the occasional round of golf, I just thank my lucky stars that I have the most understanding and accomodating wife around.

See you soon, bud.

Lawrence Ng
05-07-2005, 04:36 PM
I thought they took it off Streamline on the Net cuz I was trying to listen to it at work and I couldn't over the net. Bleh.

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng
05-07-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I may have to call in ask him what I should do with AK when I miss...heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask him how to play J-2 offsuit..seriously.

Lawrence