PDA

View Full Version : First time at Yankee Stadium, and suggestions?

ceyoung
05-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm headed to Yankee stadium on saturday to see my oakland a's play. what should i expect? anything that i shouldn't do so i dont look like a dumbass? if you have any good stories from yankee stadium feel free to post them too.

bosoxfan
05-04-2005, 02:40 PM
I went with a freind of mine, who is a Yankee fan, last year. They weren't playing the Sox. It was very annoying listening to a stadium full of people cheering for a team that you hate.

We sat in the upper deck where you ar elooking down at the field. Be very careful going down those stairs after a few beers.

Momo
05-04-2005, 02:41 PM
What you should expect? Your A's to win.....

PoBoy321
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Bring lots of cash if you plan on drinking. Beers are like $7 or $8. Also, eat before you get there. The food is mediocre and also pretty expensive.

And don't get drunk and spill beer on anyone. They WILL start a fight (I learned that the hard way).

istewart
05-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Driving there is horrible, horrible times if you're doing that. Yet I do it everytime. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ceyoung
05-04-2005, 03:05 PM
im taking the LIRR in and staying in brooklyn, but i can imagine driving would suck.

freekobe
05-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Don't drive. Take the train.

Don't wear A's gear. Otherwise, you're asking to get harassed/have things thrown at you.

Huskiez
05-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Don't sit in the bleachers. You very likely will be mocked and scorned there.

Don't cheer too loudly for your team.

Everything is expensive compared to other ballparks.

If you're driving, park in the lots on exits 4-6. It's easier to leave the stadium that way.

And expect the Yanks to win. They have to turn it around sometime.

trying2learn
05-04-2005, 03:25 PM
worst team in 10 years for the yanks...don't expect a turnaround soon.

2planka
05-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Wear an "I heart you Derek" tee shirt.

ceyoung
05-04-2005, 04:02 PM
i was gonna wear my A's hat. guess i won't anymore...

sublime
05-04-2005, 04:09 PM
was gonna wear my A's hat. guess i won't anymore...

just wear it. i have been at bruins/celtics and red sox games and had great conversations with the people sitting around me rooting for the other team. just dont be a jackass about it and you will be fine.

lu_hawk
05-04-2005, 04:40 PM
i would only possibly be worried about wearing a's gear if you were sitting in the bleachers. otherwise, wear what you want, nobody will bother you.

PoBoy321
05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
I think the point was not to wear an A's hat in Yankees Stadium.

JimGil
05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would only possibly be worried about wearing a's gear if you were sitting in the bleachers. otherwise, wear what you want, nobody will bother you.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerFink
05-04-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
was gonna wear my A's hat. guess i won't anymore...

just wear it. i have been at bruins/celtics and red sox games and had great conversations with the people sitting around me rooting for the other team. just dont be a jackass about it and you will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you aren't obnoxious about it (ie going crazy over a 2 out single) you should be fine. Hats are much safer than jerseys.

ceyoung
05-04-2005, 04:52 PM
definitely in the bleachers. i was gonna buy a harden jersey when i was in oakland last month too. ill just try not be too loud.

Cornell Fiji
05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Go to the game a little bit early and check out monument park. Its pretty cool.

I say wear your hat unless you have a tendency for getting belligerent and getting into fights.

-Steve

Aceshigh7
05-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Wear a Roger Clemens Astros jersey. I did it last year and twas fun.

Huskiez
05-04-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
definitely in the bleachers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do this? I agree, only wear A's gear if you're not in the bleachers section.

In the bleachers you definitely will be flamed and might be kicked out if you are tempted to fight someone -- and there will be a lot of people looking to pick a fight with you.

IndieMatty
05-05-2005, 02:07 AM
Wow. First off. The bleachers blow. Why? They don't serve beer. Get drunk at Stans first. The fans there are generally pretty cool. You won't be harrassed if you wear A's gear. Just don't be a deek.

(If you are below legal drinking age? go to the liquor store nearby (they hardly ever ID) and go to the McDonalds and mix yourself some Jack and Cokes Vodka Sprites etc)

Worst story ever?

My buddy Luke (a huge Sox fan from Newton Mass)went to a game on Memorial day in 2003. He got kicked out for being a beligerant drunk Sox fan who was drawing the ire of the entire stadium.

He left the park and on the way to the subway three local youths kicked the crap out of him...bad. Lost a few teeth got a concussion and stumbled off the subway way too early he walked down to my apartment from like 123rd..a bloody mess.

The kicker? After I cleaned him up, I brought him to his car which was parked on 97th in a fairly decent area. He had some pain pills in some jacket.

Car was broken into and everything was stolen. Duder hasn't been to NY since.