PDA

View Full Version : Two pair on flop and my heavy betting gets called...

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Interpoker 0.50-1$ PL 6-handed

I'm in CO with 111$. Button (130$) doesn't play all that many hands, it means something when he raises, but he tends to call a little too much. MP (90$) is pretty weak-tight, giving pots away if he doesn't hit the flop.

Anyway, i'm looking at A2h. UTG (100$) just sat down and posts blind, MP calls, i raise to 2$, everyone calls.

Flop (12$): 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB,BB,UTG check, MP bets 2$, i raise to 18$, Button calls, rest folds.

Turn (50$): K /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet 50$, he calls 50$.

River (150$): 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I have 41$ left and... ?

Comments on all streets are welcome. Thx.

spoohunter
05-04-2005, 01:37 PM
That's the worst river ever, but you still have two pair king kicker.

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the worst river ever, but you still have two pair king kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda figured that one out for myself already /images/graemlins/grin.gif

swolfe
05-04-2005, 01:42 PM
push it in. you're liklely looking at a split pot, although there is some chance he has a 9. you can't fold though, so give him the opportunity to.

unlucky513
05-04-2005, 02:20 PM
fold preflop.

slow down when your flop raise is called.

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
push it in. you're liklely looking at a split pot, although there is some chance he has a 9. you can't fold though, so give him the opportunity to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...? Did you miss the flush draw?

bigt439
05-04-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bigt439
05-04-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 6-MAX. Limping is fine I think even in a full-ring. The min-raise is horrendous. Make a real raise or limp.

bigt439
05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You still can't fold. He doesn't have this nearly enough to fold and he can push with alot more hands than the made flush so you can't fold to his bet. Since you can't fold because of the odds you're getting, you should push because that at least has some folding equity even if it's next to nothing (which its not).

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf mthrfckr? Did you even read my post? Are you just copying what everybody else types in reply to hand evaluations?

I can't stand these kind of replies. Since when is Axs, in position, in a big, fat, multiway, unraised pot, not worth playing anymore? OK, so maybe raising it up a little is questionable, but with five (5!) opponents willing to call, in a PL game, i think it's an OK play.

Slow down on the turn? At least give me a reason why I should do that. Or do you just consider it "standard play"? If you bet the flop with 2 pair and get called, slow down on the turn when a non-scare card falls... or what? Or was that another standard line that you copy-paste when people post a situation it might apply to?

I love it when people share their advice with me and i'm always thankful for any opinions, but this is even worse than useless.

swolfe
05-04-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the flush draw is the least likely hand he could have.

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think the flush draw is the least likely hand he could have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was the most likely hand he could have. What else would he be calling, but not raising with?

unlucky513
05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
keep on raising $2 preflop w/ A2... keep blasing that pot sized bet on the turn when K comes on. when can we play together?????

swolfe
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was the most likely hand he could have. What else would he be calling, but not raising with?

[/ QUOTE ]

tight players don't call off half their stacks with flush draws.

he could have a set and be content to let you bet the hand for him. he could have AK. he could have AX and be worried that you have a set.

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
keep on raising $2 preflop w/ A2... keep blasing that pot sized bet on the turn when K comes on. when can we play together?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so now it's about the minraise? Did you read that in BigT's post and decided to copy that too because it looks like an opinion? Like I said, it's questionable. I'm not a PL player.

WTF does the king coming on the turn have to do with anything? Tell me, what hand could he have, that he was drawing to a king???

Why the hell would i wanna play against you? Join a table I'm at, no problem. Oh, you mean headsup? WTH would that prove? Maybe we could play 10k hands one on one to eliminate luck?

Don't reply to my posts anymore. Ever again.

To everyone else: sorry bout this, but i'm pissed off as it is, and today is not a good day to be dealing with this crap.

unlucky513
05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
i love how i'm copying other people's opinions because i advise to fold A2 preflop.

oh, and you're pissed off for a couple reasons. 1) you played A2 and bet into the nuts. 2) i'm right. 3) you're wrong.

oh and here's one more reason.

4) you're no good.

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love how i'm copying other people's opinions because i advise to fold A2 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, you said fold preflop. I rest my case.

[ QUOTE ]
1) you played A2 bet into the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
He had KJs. I bet when i was ahead and checked when i was behind. Furthermore, i gave him the most horrible odds possible in a PL game.

[ QUOTE ]
2) i'm right.

[/ QUOTE ]

About what? I re-read your replies, but honestly, what are you right about?

[ QUOTE ]
3) you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is quite possible, but you will have to give me a reason that is better than :

[ QUOTE ]
4) you're no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, i did a search on you and read the three last threads you replied in, and these were the results:

In the first one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=2313064 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=2313029&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=24093&dat erange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post2313064), your reply is: raise more preflop

In the second one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=2313039 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=2313016&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=24093&dat erange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post2313039), you advise someone to re-raise a tight player who raised 8xBBl from UTG+1, holding TT.

In the third one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=2296692 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=2296278&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=24093&dat erange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post2296692), you made swolfe say: [ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's probably the best ending to this discussion i can think of.

swolfe
05-04-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In the third one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=2296692 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=2296278&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=24093&dat erange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post2296692), you made swolfe say: [ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's probably the best ending to this discussion i can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, for what it's worth, that was davedave that i was ignoring...not this guy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
heh, for what it's worth, that was davedave that i was ignoring...not this guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, sorry for the misquote.

David04
05-04-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) you played A2 and bet into the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does 99 really call the flop and turn? That would be a wierd way to play a set, especially with the ace out there.

gulebjorn
05-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Already posted the results, but maybe they got lost in the noise:

I'm looking at A2h. UTG (100$) just sat down and posts blind, MP calls, i raise to 2$, everyone calls.

Flop (12$): 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB,BB,UTG check, MP bets 2$, i raise to 18$, Button calls, rest folds.

Turn (50$): K /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet 50$, he calls 50$.

River (150$): 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I have 41$ left and check. He bets 50, I call, he shows KJs.