PDA

View Full Version : Questionable push

swolfe
05-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry, I don't have the hand history with me. Villain is pretty loose (45/15 over ~75 hands), but I haven't seen him do anything too donkeyish.

Party $400PL, $2/$4 blinds

Villain has something around $220 in MP, raises to $12. I call in LP (I have him covered), everyone else folds.

Flop ~$30 - 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain leads for $20, I call

- It's doubtful to me that he has an overpair
- I think he's scared of the board

Turn ~$70 - 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

He leads for $35, I raise full pot (enough to put him all-in)

First, let me ask what you would think I have...
Next, if you were Villain with ~$140 left, would you call with AA? What about AX/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

I had (in white): <font color="white">4/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font>

Thoughts?

swolfe
05-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Okay, this is probably too read dependant. I thought there was a good (50%) chance that my pair was good, plus I had decent odds to improve to the straight or a full house. Plus, I read him as being weak.

Anyone have thoughts on the play? Particularly, I'm curious what people would think from Villain's point of view.

bigt439
05-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah this is very read dependant, but since you say that he's too loose I feel like you are getting called by too many hands to want to try and pull of this semi-bluff. Unless you really think villain is weak I think he calls with a lot here. Take a card off, you're getting a nice price to do so. If villain shows weakness on the river I think that's where you can take the pot from him.

swolfe
05-04-2005, 02:52 PM
he is loose, but pretty aggressive from what i could tell. i didn't notice him doing much calling.

good point though, but if i'm ahead, i don't want him to draw to his overcards cheaply, no?

FlipPoker
05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I put you on TT. I'm leaning towards calling with AA but not with the flush draw, but I'm still at .50/$1.00.

DrPublo
05-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I like it better with 88 (my first guess) than 44, just in case a 6 or 7 slides off on the river you don't want to get counterfitted.

Otherwise nice move.

The Doc

swolfe
05-04-2005, 05:53 PM
right, well...he called with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, the river was an offsuit 9 and my pair of 4's was best.

he had a better hand than i read him for, but it was still a no pair hand.

maybe i should have posted this from his perspective, since my focus was trying to figure out the 3rd level, "what did he think i had" stuff.