PDA

View Full Version : Why it's good to have dealers/floor like you

MRBAA
05-04-2005, 12:29 PM
I call a river bet with no pair, unimproved AQ against a very LAG player. He says you win and puts his hand face down on the table. The dealer takes his hand and mucks it and pushes me the pot.

Pocket Trips
05-04-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call a river bet with no pair, unimproved AQ against a very LAG player. He says you win and puts his hand face down on the table. The dealer takes his hand and mucks it and pushes me the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he didn't show his cards then of course you won...not sure why the dealer liking or disliking you had anything to do with this???? Am I missing something?

Guthrie
05-04-2005, 01:37 PM
So if they don't like you they push the pot to the other guy? Demand that you show a pair? Accuse you of collusion? What?

spoohunter
05-04-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Demand that you show a pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahaha

stabn
05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
This sounds more like a story of:

"Ace high has relatively decent show down strength heads up against a LAG".

beerbandit
05-04-2005, 01:53 PM
some dealers may tell the players it a free show down and expose their cards -- ive seen it

it seems like its beneficial to be liked in these situations compared to being disliked

cheers

steamboatin
05-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Every now and then little decisions are up to the dealer. Strangely enough, if you are an ass, your cards are more likely to get mucked. Purely accidental, I'm sure.

Sometimes we get in heated discussions about edges that are sometimes insignificant but being nice is +EV. It is good for your soul and your bankroll.

Randy_Refeld
05-04-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Strangely enough, if you are an ass, your cards are more likely to get mucked

[/ QUOTE ]

In a large card barn I one saw a dealer pull cards out of a player's hand and muck them. I don't know if it was related, but just before that hand the player had been cussing at the dealer.

MRBAA
05-04-2005, 04:18 PM
The dealer took the initiative to act on the player's words. He could have waited and not mucked the cards for a few seconds, giving the player (or others) a chance to ask to see my hand. Sometimes he'll be able to beat me and turn up his deuces or bottom pair or whatever. I see that happen alot. The particular dealer in this hand is very good and I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He wasn't the least bit out of line to muck the cards -- the player clearly had released. On the other hand, he wouldn't have been the least bit out of line to wait a few seconds, either.

Pocket Trips
05-04-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every now and then little decisions are up to the dealer. Strangely enough, if you are an ass, your cards are more likely to get mucked. Purely accidental, I'm sure.

Sometimes we get in heated discussions about edges that are sometimes insignificant but being nice is +EV. It is good for your soul and your bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that its always good to have the dealer on your side... it has helped me out a few times... Just not sure why it is beneficial in the example given in the OP??????

Andy B
05-05-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, he wouldn't have been the least bit out of line to wait a few seconds, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure he would. He should just get on to the next hand, whether or not he likes or dislikes either of you. The dealer has an obligation to keep the game moving along. That's his job.