PDA

View Full Version : What hands do you call here with?

1C5
05-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1320)
Button (t4940)
SB (t1740)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t600</font>, SB calls t450, Hero ?

I am not sure about this situation, pot odds are HUGE yet the call is a good portion of my stack. Do you call here (PS, BB raises every hand almost) and what range of hands do you call here with?

pergesu
05-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Depends on if you wanna gamble it up or not. 5-1 is about as good as you'll ever get, but for a third of your stack on such a weak hand...maybe stop and go, I don't know. I fold here.

Page Jacobson
05-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Do you mean the button raises everytime? Your the BB.

The theory goes that once your ITM you widen your calling and raising range but I'd probably fold here. I've had better luck playing tight until I get HU.

Tilt
05-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Push or fold.

If your push can be counted on to get a fold from the SB, you are hopefully looking at having 40% equity in a pot of 3240.

If you fold, you'll have to get all in on on of the next 3 hands. I'm not sure you can do better than what the pot is going to offer you here in the next three hands. I like a push. But if you think the SB will call most of the time, I like a fold.

A stop and go in a three way will not get more fold equity here I think. Youll need to show down a hand to win.

Freudian
05-04-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1320)
Button (t4940)
SB (t1740)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t600</font>, SB calls t450, Hero ?

I am not sure about this situation, pot odds are HUGE yet the call is a good portion of my stack. Do you call here (PS, BB raises every hand almost) and what range of hands do you call here with?

[/ QUOTE ]

98o I'd fold. 98s and better hands I can see pushing. As I see it when big stack pushes you around when 3 left you have to take a meaningful stand and get a bit lucky. So pick a hand that is more likely to make you lucky (high cards, pairs, suited connectors) and play.